Talk

Advanced search

DD gets arms stuck inside grobag - help!

(14 Posts)
strippervic Fri 29-Aug-08 13:26:17

Hi everyone - first time on mumsnet and looking for magical answers to dd's 'anti- Houdini' behaviour. Instead of climbing out of her grobag, she manages to wriggle an arm inside her bag, then wakes up crying... all a bit frustrating. Any bright ideas? I'm thinking about moving her to a duvet but she's only 22 months and still very 'mobile' overnight - am worried that she'll end up head first under the covers. All suggestions gratefully received.

crokky Fri 29-Aug-08 13:34:02

She'll be able to get the duvet off her head, though so I would try the duvet.

ElenorRigby Fri 29-Aug-08 13:37:03

DD removes sleeping bags with poppers on we've had to change to bags with zips or buttons.
DD has never put her arms inside her bags though, maybe the bag is too big?

Eeek Fri 29-Aug-08 13:37:44

my ds did the same at about the same age. the only answer is a duvet. I started with a normal length one and folded half under the mattress until I was more confident he wouldn't get lost in there. He never did and we moved onto a normal cot duvet. The problem with that was that he spent ages throwing it on the floor and waking up cold - I should have stayed with the full length one. Since you're up anyway you've nothing to lose by trying. hth

Jojay Fri 29-Aug-08 13:37:59

I'd try a duvet or sheets / blankets - best to try this in the summer as she'll inevitably kick them all off to begin with and at least she won't wake up cold.

That's my theory anyway.....

bergentulip Fri 29-Aug-08 13:45:55

My DS2 manages to kick his foot through the zip on his sleeping bag!!(!) So, it is then a pain the backside the next morning trying to 're-thread' the zip back into the dooberywotsit....

You could try blankets, but get really long ones so that you can wrap them around your dd and tuck it right under the middle of the mattress so there is no chance of it going anywhere. That works in our house anyway. You know, a bit like a boob tube that goes over baby and mattress?

In fact, I might patent that idea!! Dragon's Den here I come!!!!

HonoriaGlossop Fri 29-Aug-08 13:57:36

is the grobag too big for her? I think the one DS had would have been too snug round the arms for him to get in like that!

chipmunkswhereareyou Fri 29-Aug-08 15:27:20

She's well past the age where the blankets or duvet ending up over her head in the night and smothering her is a risk so if you can't solve this in the ways suggested don't worry about using a duvet.

asteamedpoater Fri 29-Aug-08 16:45:13

Get rid of the grobag. But then I'm a grobag hater, so I would say that... I'm also a smug mother of children who never needed weaning off being pinned into their bedsheets. They probably nearly got hypothermia every night, but they never complained about it!

asteamedpoater Fri 29-Aug-08 16:45:49

Get rid of the grobag. But then I'm a grobag hater, so I would say that... I'm also a smug mother of children who never needed weaning off being pinned into their bedsheets. They probably nearly got hypothermia every night, but they never complained about it!

Bubbaluv Fri 29-Aug-08 17:06:27

I just dress DS1 (12months) in a few extra layers of pyjamas and no grobag or duvet is required! He is a real wriggler at night and would get his grobag all twisted - the layering solution has worked perfectly!

fizzbuzz Fri 29-Aug-08 17:46:53

You can buy those duvet clips from Jojo.

Dd was very mobile, but at about 22mo refused grobag, and wanted duvet. She kept screaming "bag off, bag off"

Anyway, she stopped roaming around the bed when she switched to a duvet, so yours may do this.

Duvet clips are great

strippervic Sat 30-Aug-08 11:04:59

Thanks for all the advice. She's too long for the smaller size grobags so I can't really 'downsize' her. May well try the move onto a duvet - has anyone tried the grobag duvet thing that zips the duvet onto the sheet? Or does everyone think it's just a gimmick for grobag addicts (such as myself.....)hmm

lauraloola Sat 30-Aug-08 17:10:52

Here This looks great, I am going to get one for dd as it wont be long before her arms are inside hers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now