Talk

Advanced search

Been on holiday with DS aged 2 and sleeping is still a nightmare

(3 Posts)
Eve34 Mon 25-Aug-08 21:10:10

We went on holiday last week, had a great time. DS sleep went completely to pot. WE had a brilliant routine at home in big bed, settling himself and sleeping til 8am.

Whilst away he was obviously in a new place etc. Going to bed was a complete nightmare and waking around 6.

Returned home Fri, and he is still not settled he will not go to bed and is waking very early still.

Am open to any suggestions, otherwise we will never go away again

LolaLadybird Mon 25-Aug-08 22:41:06

I think you probably just need to give it a bit longer to settle back in and just make sure you go back to exactly the old routine.

Who knows what goes on in a toddler's little mind - they have a limited understanding and your DS won't really understand why things have changed twice in the last week.

Annoying I know when you previously have it sussed but I'm sure it will only take a few days of 'normality' at home for things to get back on track. Fingers crossed for you ...

Eve34 Wed 27-Aug-08 08:07:23

Thankyou so much foryour reply, things are getting a bit more normal, just the waking early to get sorted now.

Fingers crossed it will be back to normal soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now