Talk

Advanced search

How do you deal with a nose picker? (it's gross!)

(48 Posts)
AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 21:09:48

He's 9 and having a dig as I type. Any ideas how I can stop the boggies being eaten for pudding please?

Spidermama Mon 25-Aug-08 21:11:00

I tell mine that I too very much enjoy a good old pick and feel the best method of disposal, and the most enjoyable, is to eat it but I'd NEVER do it with anyone looking. It's a secret passtime.

RedHead81 Mon 25-Aug-08 21:12:18

EWW!!! Sorry, no idea - If I draw attention to it with my DS (3) he does it all the more - i tell him his eyes will pop out if he pokes too hard! But yours is probably i little more wise to fall for this one!

Mutt Mon 25-Aug-08 21:13:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 21:16:27

He spots the odd person digging when we are out and his reaction is always the same "ewwww gross!" hmm I keep telling him to do it somewhere private but he deny's picking and eating. ((((barf!))))

TooTicky Mon 25-Aug-08 21:19:13

That's good Spidermama.

But you don't really eat it, do you?

Anchovy Mon 25-Aug-08 21:20:30

I too have a 6 year old who is very keen on a good, extensive rummage.

On the plus side, he has had a couple of nosebleeds recently, which I think has really put him off (although actually were probably not caused by it). We also tell him its something for doing in private - I really do think you need to pull them up on it because peer pressure will not stop it at this age and you don't want it to get entrenched.

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 21:20:49

I've found it on his walls and sheets too. I've been in to check on him when he's asleep and he has his finger up his nose then too.

What am I to do? sad

tortoiseshell Mon 25-Aug-08 21:22:10

Our GP said that 50% of the population admit to picking their nose, and that 50% are liars.

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 21:22:27

He bites his nails so has not had a nosebleed. I'm getting sick of telling him to stop picking his snozzle.

Spidermama Mon 25-Aug-08 22:40:55

I do eat it TT. What's more I defend eating as the cleanest method. I don't like to think of where you non eaters stash your green stuff. <shudder>

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 22:43:20

shock On a piece of tissue that goes in the loo/bin.

Spidermama Mon 25-Aug-08 22:50:55

What a palaver.

Spidermama Mon 25-Aug-08 22:51:34

You must have to carry tissue with you all the time and be near a bin just in case a bogey should break loose.

Much better to have a system like mine.

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 22:51:38

Better than having a snack though.

Spidermama Mon 25-Aug-08 22:56:07

It bearly touches the sides. So quick, simple and efficient. What do you think tribes folk do what lives in the thicket with no Andrex to hand?

Honestly some of you ladies are quaint.

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 23:03:04

I recon they wipe it on their walls and on their quilt cover! Dirty buggers.

I'd rather snack on chocolate.

Octothechildherder Mon 25-Aug-08 23:16:35

I have told mine that if they pick their nose, I will pick mine and wipe it on their face/t-shirt - gross - but seems to have done the trick! wink

AvenaLife Mon 25-Aug-08 23:21:05

Ewww! I shall try it tomorrow. He stops when I tell him to but it's up there alot.

Knowing ds he'll say "go on". hmm

BloodySmartarse Mon 25-Aug-08 23:26:10

i eat it too spidermama
gross, but really, who can be arsed to get up and cross the room to dispose of it? dont want it hanging about the place.
i do the same with half chewed bits of food my dc cast aside. meh.

thornrose Mon 25-Aug-08 23:32:01

Well my dd picks her nose constantly but she has OCD type stuff relating to her AS, she picked it till it bled the other day. She moves on to picking her fingers or other parts of her body!
Big hypocrite that I am, I love picking my nose, but I know when I can get away with it. I try to teach my dd to pick in privacy only (the bedroom walls do have strange little green lumps all over though!)

TooTicky Mon 25-Aug-08 23:40:49

I couldn't eat it. I'm not precious, but I really couldn't.
I do use washable cut up old muslins handkerchiefs though.

When I was a child I saw another child pull out something huge, gooey and evilly green and eat it. The horror of that has stayed with me.

froggyfroofroo Tue 26-Aug-08 07:43:39

eating bogeys boosts the immune system dontcherknow!
i was a prolific nostril picker as a child and i very rarely get ill.

BloodySmartarse Tue 26-Aug-08 08:11:29

i do have a cracking good immune system now you mention it

Bumdiddley Tue 26-Aug-08 09:08:29

Would you prefer "Pick it, lick it, roll it, flick it"?

Dd used to offer me her bogeys. Now she eats them. Ds does too.

Saw a woman on the bus having a prolonged rummaging session and daintily rolling and flicking onto the floor/ wiping on the seat.
Bleeeurgh.

Eating is the most efficent form of disposal. It's all connnected anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now