Talk

Advanced search

please help! 15.5 mth old really clingy and making my life miserable

(2 Posts)
Jen1978 Mon 25-Aug-08 12:01:21

my 15.5.mth old DS has become really clingy over the last month, it seems to have co-incided with him spending more time with me (I am a teacher and on summer hol atm, normally he is in nursery full time but been going 2.5 days a week over summer). PLus he has been poorly with colds, tummy bug etc over the summer and last week had mmr! Been a really tough summer for me, was so looking forward to spending some lovely time together, but he has been such hardwork! Realyl clingy and whingey whenever I am around, is fine when it is jus him and DH and also fine when others are around like family or friends. But when he is with me, or with me and DH he cries, whines and wants picking up all the time and if I so much as step out of the room for a second (even if he can still see me) he cries hysterically (no tears though) like his world has ended.

I am at the end of my tether, don't want to get cross with him, but don't want to keep giving in and picking him up all the time and making things worse.

Really don't know what to do for the best. I know that atm it is prob all due to his mmr which he had 7 days ago but he was like it before then too.

Any ideas?

meandmyjoe Mon 25-Aug-08 18:39:18

I think if he's been ill then it's completely normal that he plays up for his mummy! He may be going through the second and LAST phase of separation anxiety too which usually ends by 18 months. I'm sure once you've gone back to work and he's in his old routine then he will settle down again. Sorry you've had a rubbish summer holidays with him though! Just thinkby next summer he'll be 27 months old an you will really be able to enjoy your lovely boy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now