Talk

Advanced search

Lost interest in Milk Feeds

(3 Posts)
woolsh Sun 24-Aug-08 22:18:52

Hi, We have a 3 month old boy. Until last week he was regular as clockwork in wanting his feeds. He would usually finish most and that was great. But now he cries when you try to feed him even though we have now increased the time between feeds. They say 5 feeds in 24 hours? He has not lost any weight but we are a little worried. He used to cry when he was hungry, but not anymore.
Is this normal?
Will he regain his interest in milk?
Many thanks

clarebear24 Sun 24-Aug-08 22:33:26

Hi

My little girl was the same,was fine at first but once we got up to four ounces she never progressed past that, had to feed her every 3 hrs rather than four, used to worry like mad. But it turns out she is very good at knowing what she needs and when, and has gained weight fine. The only tips I can offer are not to force the issue, and worry too much he can feel your anxiety. If you are using avent bottles they are terrible for giving babies wind (dispite what they claim) we ended up using Dr Browns, which release the air and therefore cut out colic and windy problems and try giving Infacol 10 mins before his feed. But relax, I was so stressed and my little girl is doing fine, still doesnt drink much milk. Hope this helps

BigBadMousey Sun 24-Aug-08 22:45:14

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/1364/591402

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/1364/591506

two recent threads that might be of some interest (although BF related - the result could be applied to a FF one).

At that age they do slow down a bit and are more likely to be distracted by things going on around them. All babies are different so don't worry too much about how much and how often he feeds, if all else seems OK then you'll probably find there is nothing wrong at all - ask your HV if you are worried though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now