Talk

Advanced search

5 mo 'shaking' head from side to side

(15 Posts)
IHeartIona Fri 22-Aug-08 16:13:57

My dd has started turning her head from side to side quite quickly, looks like she is shaking her head to say no kind of thing, have only noticed it a couple of times so far and I think both times where when she was tired and about to nap. Is this normal?? I thought maybe it is the feeling on the back of her head she likes? Please reassure me!

ScaryHairy Fri 22-Aug-08 16:15:05

My daughter did this when she was winding down for a sleep. I asked my MIL and my husband had done it too as a baby so yes, totally normal.

mum2oneloudbaby Fri 22-Aug-08 16:20:36

completely normal. our dd looks quite deranged when she does it hmm and now she is older she thinks it's really funny, I guess because everything in the room moves!

Pinkjenny Fri 22-Aug-08 16:21:10

Dd used to do this, especially when she started teething.

MrsSprat Fri 22-Aug-08 16:21:59

Yes normal. I thought it was deranged and something to worry about too. It's not, they like the sensation.

IHeartIona Fri 22-Aug-08 16:27:22

oh good!! thanks Yes I was worried as she looked a bit deranged....

Notsochilledanymore Fri 22-Aug-08 19:08:07

Mine in the full throes of this right now - 6mo - husband thinks she looks mad but I think its just very cute!

Notsochilledanymore Fri 22-Aug-08 19:08:09

Mine in the full throes of this right now - 6mo - husband thinks she looks mad but I think its just very cute!

Notsochilledanymore Fri 22-Aug-08 19:08:25

Oops - sorry

LackaDAISYcal Fri 22-Aug-08 19:19:22

both of mine have done it. Not sure whether it's teething, sore ears or just for the hell of it. they were always grinning after it, so I think it must feel very funny indeed.

muppetgirl Fri 22-Aug-08 19:21:58

ds 2 is doing it -9 1/2 months and doesit on command if you say 'no' grin Ds 1 never did it.

MarlaSinger Fri 22-Aug-08 19:22:13

OH yes we were quite worried when DS started this, like he would make himself dizzy... oh bless them, it soon stopped. Babies are just lovely, with all their quirks, aren't they

ILikeYourSleeves Fri 22-Aug-08 20:35:58

My DS did this too around that age, I've since seen lots of threads re babies doing this so it must be quite common! Perfectly normal IMO, he still does it sometimes and now thinks it's funny when I copy him Does it sometimes to get himself to sleep too.

SpecialOffer Fri 22-Aug-08 20:37:06

My son did this from about 5 months, he is 13 months and still loves nothing more than to walk arouns shaking his head, he finds it really funny!!!

IHeartIona Sat 23-Aug-08 09:07:04

so glad to hear this! thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now