Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2.5 year old DS wont stop 'touching'....help!

(15 Posts)
franfoxy2003 Thu 21-Aug-08 18:20:42

my DS is 2.5 years old and has just started touching himself ALOT! he isnt potty trained yet as he has huge tantrums if we try and its too distressing for us and him but he has started sneaking in his room shutting the door and taking his nappy off. I have caught him on his front in bed 'rubbing'(as i shall call it) against his mattress! IS THIS NORMAL????

He will quite happily sit there playing with it too and then says 'big willy', I dunno what to do have tried explaining it to him but he doesnt understand! Its really starting to bug me. Is it normal for him to be doing this at this age???

Guadalupe Thu 21-Aug-08 18:21:34

Completely normal

franfoxy2003 Thu 21-Aug-08 18:27:08

thank god for that! I thought he was really weird or something, even his 'rubbing' against the mattress?

Guadalupe Thu 21-Aug-08 18:30:29

Yes, even that, it's quite normal. He is discovering his body which is perfectly fine and he doesn't yet have any concept of it making someone else feel uncomfortable. Why would he? Don't make an issue of it, most children eventually realise it's something to do in private.

Bronze Thu 21-Aug-08 18:31:29

This is now.... hes started and it'll continue til hes incapable.

Guadalupe Thu 21-Aug-08 18:32:46

grin

franfoxy2003 Fri 22-Aug-08 13:04:07

lol i shall leave him to it when he shuts himself in his room now then, i did yesterday and walked in there and he had fallen asleep! lol typical male!

another sign of my 'baby' growing up! sad

Lazarou Fri 22-Aug-08 13:07:42

ds1 was in the bath yesterday and said 'why is my todgy hard?' I had no idea what to say tbh. I just said 'it's ok, it's completely normal'

Neeerly3 Fri 22-Aug-08 13:09:40

my ds did this for a LOONG time - and sometimes still does if he's anxious or upset (it's his comforter!).....once we were out at softplay and he'd made a huge fuss at the dinner table while eating with my MIL, so we had excused him and he's run off to play. I sent MIL to fetch him about 5 mins later to come back for his lunch and she found him sat down next to the ball pool, troo's round his ankles, playing with IT, in full view! She hastily pulled everything back up and brought him back to the table!

We never dealt with it as such, the novelty just wore off - he's 3.8 now and like I say only does it occasionally. His twin bro however has never had any interest in his crown jewels!

CaptainKarvol Fri 22-Aug-08 13:10:50

grin DS (2.6) just shouts 'I want my willy'. Whenever(and wherever) he thinks of it. And grunts with concentration as he tries to get his hand down the trousers and inside the nappy.

Lazarou Fri 22-Aug-08 13:12:05

LOL Neeerly!

Ds2 lies down on the floor on his teddy and rubs himself, he doesn't do it as often as he used to.
They constantly play with their willies. They must get it from dh, as whenever I look at him he's got his hands down his trousers.

meandmyjoe Fri 22-Aug-08 13:26:01

Deffinitely normal, beginning of a life long obsession! My ds is only 12 months but the second his nappy is off he is pulling it, prodding it and humping cushions. I just think he takes after his dad wink.

Iklboo Fri 22-Aug-08 13:28:22

DH still touches and he's 31
Dogs man's best friend? PAH! His winky is his best friend - it's just he won't get arrested for playing with a dog in public

VickyPea Fri 22-Aug-08 13:33:32

I have to ask this, because I thought it was just a strange thing that both my sons have developed from birth - they seem to wriggle a lot in bed (like they were in spoons position without the front spoon iykwim)and my youngest (2.2) has taken to humping his teddy bears in bed. My eldest (6.3) also seems to do this humpy, wriggly thing and at one point, when he was baby, we took him to the doctors because we thought he might have something wrong with his willy, such was the exertions that he put into his wriggly humpy thing.
Are you tell me this is normal ??

booge Fri 22-Aug-08 14:12:04

Completely normal and DD used to do it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now