Talk

Advanced search

13 months slightly pulls hairs

(9 Posts)
bumbly Wed 20-Aug-08 20:47:42

fiddles with it esp when angry

is this normal for this aGE? JUST DISCOVERNG HAIR? OR IS IT A SIGN LITTLE ONE IS REALLY TRULY STRESSED?

OOPS CAPS LOCK SORRY

thanks

aprilitisthen Thu 21-Aug-08 13:56:13

dont know the answer but i know my ds does the same - i always assumed its cause he is a bit itchy - he has pretty bad skin, but he also does it more in the evenings, so i assume its a tired thing too.

Jodyray Thu 21-Aug-08 13:59:56

Hi I am not sure from your post how bad it is but my niece did this from an early age usually when tired, she has just turned 2 and is still doing it, to the point she pulls out chunks in her sleep and sometimes gets her little fingers trapped in the hair. My SIL refuses to take her to the GP even though i think she should. Her hair is so weak and pulls out so easily!

bumbly Thu 21-Aug-08 23:06:08

so far no visible clumps just threads

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Thu 21-Aug-08 23:07:02

my dd1 used to pull her hair and her ears when she was tired in an effort to keep herself awake

mamachat Thu 21-Aug-08 23:40:39

my dd is 13months and hates the pram, when she gets in a temper in the pram she pulls out her hair bands and big clumps of hair and basically throws them at me if I go to talk to her... (makes me want to cry as she has so much beautiful hair) sad

When she is tired she plays with --pulls at-- my hair or hers as a little comfort thing...

Hi Bumbly

DS does this, often when tired and as he's falling asleep.

bumbly Fri 22-Aug-08 10:05:39

yes thanks loads- not clumps so far but fiddling and grabbing think threads

meandmyjoe Fri 22-Aug-08 10:10:53

hi bumbly, met on loads of threads before but was just wondering how ds id doing now? Is he any happier? I know we were struggling with the whinging when we last spoke. Hope things have improved. My ds has good days and bad days still. As for the hair pulling, my ds doesn't pull it out but deffinitely fiddles with it and tugs it when he's really tired.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now