Talk

Advanced search

How do you stop dc from wee-ing on the floor!

(11 Posts)
jofeb04 Wed 20-Aug-08 18:13:09

Ds (4) and dd (2) are both toilet trained, but for the past week they wee on the bathroom floor!

Ds had an accident once (sat on the toilet, didn't point downwards, rest is history!), but dd was really laughing!

Since then, ds seems to be doing it more often now solely for this reason. Dd has started as well.

Bathroom now stinks, so any help?

mummyloveslucy Wed 20-Aug-08 22:36:13

I saw a funny plaque in a shop recently, it said

I aim to keep this bathroom tidy, your aim will help!. grin

I thought this was really funny. Maybe you could buy one and hang it up.

BeHereNow Wed 20-Aug-08 22:38:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummyloveslucy Wed 20-Aug-08 22:41:23

Hand them the mop and bucket when they do it again. (depends how old they are, of corse). wink

Romy7 Wed 20-Aug-08 22:41:57

you can buy targets - like ping pong balls - they float and don't get flushed away. called max or something - got ours in asda.

rolled up bits of loo roll also work as long as they are fast. battleships.

note. please ds only. dd just needs to be made to get on the toilet the minute she gets in there.

Romy7 Wed 20-Aug-08 22:43:45

i've made ds 1 clean it up before. he's 6, but has never 'pointed percy' in his life. his idea of peeing is to stand with his hands behind his back having a good look round. i blame his father.
thank goodness the other two are girls.

theinsider Wed 20-Aug-08 22:44:43

pee-balls for ds

mummyloveslucy Wed 20-Aug-08 22:47:24

Get him to sit down to wee ? I wish my husband would do this. grin

Romy7 Wed 20-Aug-08 22:52:13

mll - that was how it started, lol.

Pheebe Thu 21-Aug-08 08:02:09

DS1 started doing this recently on and off, not for the same reason but I suspect its a phase some of them go through. He gets told off in a stern voice (nothing more then thats naughty we all wee on the toilet) so he knows its not acceptable and then loads of praise and gold stickers on his jumper for weeing on the toilet. Seems to have worked.

jofeb04 Thu 21-Aug-08 11:51:22

lol, he hasn't done it today yet!

Last night I asked ds why he sat down for as he has always stood up - he said he doesn't want the toilet seat to fall down on him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now