Talk

Advanced search

1st trip to the swimming baths

(8 Posts)
JuniorJ Wed 20-Aug-08 11:33:20

I am going swimming for the 1st time today with my 4 month old any suggestions or useful tips.

Smee Wed 20-Aug-08 12:51:07

Check the temperature with the front desk before you buy your ticket. Anything less than 30 degrees and don't go in.

Seona1973 Wed 20-Aug-08 13:03:35

put your own costume on under your clothes to save time. Take a towel to the poolside for your lo so they dont get cold when you get out the water. Can you take a buggy/carseat, etc close to the pool? - they are handy to put your lo in once they are dressed and gives you your hands free to get your own clothes on.

BeachBunni Wed 20-Aug-08 13:08:53

Def check the temp. We went to the baby pool the first time and could only spend about three minutes in it as it was too cold even for me.

Bring someone with you. It's far easy to get dressed etc if you can pass the baby between you.

Sullwah Wed 20-Aug-08 13:23:35

You can spend longer in a pool cooler that 30C if you use a baby wetsuit.

PinkPussyCat Wed 20-Aug-08 13:26:09

Ooh this is useful am trying to get around to taking ds for the first time too - he's 13 mo thoughblush

meandmyjoe Wed 20-Aug-08 14:11:37

I second the taking someone with you. I always take someone with me as ds is a bit of a pain to gbet dressed and protests at being laid down in strange places. He's 12 months though, I think he was pretty OK with it at 4 months as long as I did it really quick! Also, remember to take warm clothes for him after you come out as my ds always gets freezing when I bring him back out to the car so I always take a fleecey jacket for him.

Other than that just enjoy it, it's so much fun!

JuniorJ Thu 21-Aug-08 10:59:50

Thankyou all for your comments went yesterday and he seemed to love it I was advised not to stay in for any longer that 10 mins however he wasn't cold and seemed to be really enjoying it and was in the pool for about 25 mins.
Took my mum with me so she had him after for half an hour and it enabled me to get some exercise and did a few lenths so it was great all round.
Anyone thinking of going for the first time go for it we had a really good afternoon.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now