Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Trouble at bathtime-- HELP!!!!!

(6 Posts)
sacha3taylor Wed 16-Feb-05 17:12:10

My DS3 is 9 monthes and screams everytime i put him in the bath! He used to enjoy baths untill he grew out of his baby bath. I have tried everything i can think of and have not had this problem with DS or DD. I want to enjoy bathtime with him but am lost for new ideas, can anyone help with usefull sugestions?

hayleylou Thu 17-Feb-05 13:12:31

Have you tried getting in bath with him??

Twiglett Thu 17-Feb-05 13:14:48

stop bathing him .. just wash him in the sink or with a flannel .. try again in a month or so if you get the same reaction stop again then try again

he sounds like he's developed an irrational fear of the bath ... don't worry it won't last a lifetime

Beansmum Thu 17-Feb-05 13:17:00

Maybe you could try sitting and playing with him in the empty bath to get him used to it? He's not going to be hugely dirty at 9 months though so a quick wash with a flannel would be ok until he gets over his fear.

nailpolish Thu 17-Feb-05 13:25:01

i had this with dd although she was a little older.

things we tried -

getting in the bath with her did help a lot
taking in favourite toys, like dollies or books
a shower radio

good luck

Kelly1978 Thu 17-Feb-05 13:28:01

I also had this with dd. I think she jsut felt insecure, because she was happy if I went in with her. One of those bath seat things also helped me, but I never used it with ds, as it looked a bit uncomfortable with his bits!! Can you not bath him with his sidblings? I think shallow water and company are the best solutions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now