Talk

Advanced search

Advice.........my sons become so clingy

(4 Posts)
Bayney Tue 19-Aug-08 08:31:43

Hi, im just wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions. My 4.5 yr old son is a wonderful, bright, affectionate bright little boy. Hes fiercely independent, but recently wont go to anyones house to stay & play, or let anyone pick him up from our home. Im a full time mum, who has never dumped him on anyone to do my own thing, hes experienced life through me taking him everywhere, but have always encouraged him to stay with his friends and play, & gradually left him for longer periods of time to build up his confidence. He's been fine throughout nursery once he got used to it, in fact i couldnt stop him going. But lately he breaks his heart if a friends mum rings & asks if he wants to go & play etc. Any tips?? Am dreading the start of "big" school! Thanks Emma

meandmyjoe Tue 19-Aug-08 14:00:28

You could perhaps go out with the other mums and ds so he can get to know them and get usd to being out and about with them but with the security of you being there.

Bayney Thu 21-Aug-08 10:16:03

hi, thanks 4 that. We go all over with a group of friends hes made at nursery, & also a little boy he was in special care with. Do u just think my ds is particularly choosey over who he stays with? or is this normal behaviour to develop at the age of 4.5??

quinne Sun 24-Aug-08 22:58:48

Has something happened to him away from you which has unnerved him/ caused him to lose his confidence in the big world?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now