Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What ages (roughly) for pedalling and audiobooks?

(7 Posts)
kwaker5 Mon 18-Aug-08 22:18:36

Thanks!

nzshar Mon 18-Aug-08 22:40:54

do you mean using the pedal on a bike and listening to audiobooks? Ds was 4 in June he has been pedaling for at least ayear now but still has stabilisers on his bike. Ds had always listened to music at bedtime but was growing out of classical lullibies just before his last birthday. So I brought a lot of read and play disney books which range in length from 10 through to 30 mins long. He listens to 1 or 2 after we have read to him and turned out lights at bedtime.

UniS Tue 19-Aug-08 08:46:06

pedeling a trike/bike? as soon as he could reach the pedals for my boy, so about 18 months.
YMMV

Overmydeadbody Tue 19-Aug-08 08:50:32

pedalling - as soon as they can reach the pedals. Without stabalisers? It varies child to child but DS could ride a bike without stasbalisers from 4.

Audio books - again it really does depend on the child and how interested they are in the story and how long they can keep their concentration going, from about 3 or 4 I guess...

kwaker5 Wed 20-Aug-08 20:34:20

Thanks for the replies (sorry for the delay in posting, internet was down).

I just needed to know whether it was too soon to get my soon to be 2 yo a pedal trike and whether I should get my friends 2.5yo a CD book when I send a pressie for her new baby.

snickersnack Wed 20-Aug-08 20:37:59

DD has had a pedal trike since she was 2.5 but has only just (aged 3.5) got the hang of pedalling - but I think she was a bit of late starter there.

Audio books - she went through a phase of being very keen on them last year. Not so much now, but she was around 2.5 when she was really into them.

bran Wed 20-Aug-08 20:41:56

DS is 4 and has never really understood the concept of pedalling, not even when he had a trike, I should work harder at that I think. He doesn't listen to audio books at all although he likes to have books read to him, I think he's quite visual or just very active and doesn't have the concentration for audio.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now