Talk

Advanced search

dd swore at school.....

(14 Posts)
kimbie Tue 15-Feb-05 22:00:59

My dd is almost 5. At school last friday my dd was getting her coat(so were the other children) and another little girl nudged passed her, and she told her to f*off!
I was so shocked and embarrased when her teacher told me. Later i asked her where she heard that word from and she said she heard it from me and daddy! I asked her if she told her teacher this and she said she did.. I do admit i may slip up the odd silent s* if i break something (were only human!) but i dont think ive said that word b4 to my df especailly enough times for her to remember the meaning of it! I think she may of heard/learnt it of another child at school or out at play, i dont know... Has anyone else children behaved in this way......

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 15-Feb-05 22:07:09

Yeah! They hear a word, from home or elsewhere and then they use it. Occasionally at that age they even use it in the right context. My advice, ignore it and don't make any more of an issue of it. I'm sure you've already told her that it is not a nice word and that she shouldn't use it. Any more than that and it becomes a forbidden pleasure and she'll continue to use it for effect. Shouldn't worry too much about it.

kimbie Tue 15-Feb-05 22:29:34

i cant belive how quick they learn and all those times youve slipped up and all along they are listening and learning! I was so worried though of what her teachers thought of it!!!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 15-Feb-05 22:31:50

I shouldn't worry, I'm sure that they've heard worse. My DS1 who is one of the kindest boys went through a term of being horrid. He got into, if not started, 2 fights and was effing and blinding for England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Everyone was so shocked. He got over it! I don't know if the school ever did though lol

SofiaAmes Tue 15-Feb-05 22:35:04

When I was in America at xmas visiting family, my dd (2) walked into the bathroom, saw that one of the other children had wee'd on the floor and said "f@#kin h@ll" at the top of her voice. Luckily she picked this up from dh who is from Hartlepool and swears in a thick northern accent and none of my american cousins understood her northern accent! Dh has been extra careful since then about swearing in front of the children.
I think it's highly unlikely that your dd turned your odd s@# into a f@off. More likely that you or your dh says it without realizing it, or she has heard it from other children. Don't worry about it too much. I agree with MarsLady (who needs to go back to a shorter name!) that if you make too much of a fuss it will only encourage her to use it more.

kid Tue 15-Feb-05 22:35:12

I'm sure all kids have heard lots of swear words from one place or another. If my kids hear a word they are not allowed to say. They will just say 'thats a naughty word mummy'

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 15-Feb-05 22:39:12

ok sofiaames, will immediately go back to a shorter name for you!

kimbie Tue 15-Feb-05 22:39:32

lol,im glad shes not the only one then

MarsLady Tue 15-Feb-05 22:40:25

there we go sofia. just for you

wheresmyfroggy Tue 15-Feb-05 22:44:40

You were easily coerced into that name change mars! Would it be as easy for me too persuade you change your mind about sending us your dt's (i'm sure they are lovely but we'd need a new car and i'm tight like that)

wheresmyfroggy Tue 15-Feb-05 23:07:58

Was at sil a while ago when her oldest son was about 22 months, he was wandering around the house jumping on a balloon. I was standing chatting to mil when heard a POP! immeadiatly followed by "s*$t"
Needless top say mil and i burst out in fits of laughter, sil was more than slightly embarressed

MarsLady Tue 15-Feb-05 23:37:52

I may change my mind about the DTs wheresmyfroggy, especially as DT1 is currently <<whispers so as not to change anything>> sleeping!

SofiaAmes Tue 15-Feb-05 23:45:39

ok marslady, now how do I get my dh to be equally as compliant.

MarsLady Tue 15-Feb-05 23:46:59

well........

hmmmmmmmmm..... DHs.... not that easy I fear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now