Talk

Advanced search

4 month old memory for people

(4 Posts)
EllieG Sat 16-Aug-08 15:17:57

Just a quicky - does anyone know how quickly a 4 month old baby forgets who people are? DD's big sis has gone away for a week and I was wondering to myself whether she will remember her when she gets home.

deaconblue Sat 16-Aug-08 19:12:20

dd is the same age and always remembers my mum who she sees most days but this week sobbed with fear when my sister (who has been on holiday for 2 weeks) went to pick her up. I should think, though, the fact she sees your older dd every day should mean she will remember her after a week.

elkiedee Sat 16-Aug-08 19:37:46

DS normally sees his grandad (my dad) twice a week but there have been gaps when we were away and once when my dad was away and then we were it was about a month - he must have been 4 months before the gap and 5 months by the time they saw each other again, but he still saw him as familiar. Most of my family he sees less often and he's just learning to remember them well now since a year old (he's now 15 months). So I think your dd will remember someone who lives in the same house ok.

EllieG Sun 17-Aug-08 12:21:34

Thanks - she came back this morning and there were some uncertain smiles at first, but then seemed to remember

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now