Talk

Advanced search

feeding 10month old

(5 Posts)
mariag1 Fri 15-Aug-08 14:33:50

I’ve got a 10 month daughter and I tend to give her mashed up versions of the food we eat as a family. I’ve read somewhere that this might not be a good idea and actually some of these pre-made jars of baby food you can buy are more nutritionally balanced. What do you think? Are they any good? Any tips on how to get her to try different foods and make sure she’s getting the vitamins she needs? Thanks, Maria, Kent

peggotty Fri 15-Aug-08 14:40:51

What you are doing sounds perfect to me!! Ultimate aim of weaning is to get them eating same meals as the rest of the family anyway. And I bet your cooking is tastier than jars! I would carry on doing what you're doing if I was you. smile

I wonder who sponsered the research to say that jars of baby food anre more nutritionally balanced? hmm

Sounds like you are doing a great job to me.

The Anabel Karmel book is great for weaning ideas.

Pheebe Fri 15-Aug-08 17:40:52

Before they're one food is just for fun as they should still be getting all their nutrition from their milk. You're doing exactly the right thing. Try to make sure she gets a balance of fruit, veg and meat/fish

princessglitter Fri 15-Aug-08 17:43:21

Jars of babyfood have to be heated at such a high temperature that they lose a lot of nutrients. Look at the best before date on a jar of babyfood. How can something that keeps for such a long time possibly be as good as unprocessed family foods?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now