Talk

Advanced search

Help please: My 6 month old DS being sick all the time

(7 Posts)
alkar Fri 15-Aug-08 09:09:24

My DS was sick 20 times in 1.5 hours at the weeken so I rang NHS direct and he was sick another 4 times whilst I was on the phone. Went to A&E and he was sick another 3 times- totalling 35 times that day so they admitted him overnight. He calmed down then and was sick a couple more times in the night and just once in the morning so we came home. He has now been sick another 4 times in the last hour, I am geting really worried now.

I have started weaning him but he has had no solid food since yesterday. DH has a milk allergy and a strong family history of it. DS has had the allergy screening test which did not show anything, but we could have further testing. Got a GP appointment in an hour because of it, does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

meandmyjoe Fri 15-Aug-08 09:13:57

Could be milk intolerance rather than allergy and this won't show on the 'allergy' tests. Is he normally a sicky baby? Is it a lot of sick everytime or just a mouthful? Does he have runny poo or seem unwell? If there's no other symptoms of a tummy bug and he's no better soon then I'd take him to a pharmacy and try hypoallergenic formula. Hope he's better soon x

alkar Fri 15-Aug-08 09:18:13

He is normally a sicky baby but not to this extent. No diarrhoea or anything else to suggest a tummy bug and he is bf. I do think its a milk allergy / intolerence so I don't give him anything with milk in unless it can cross over from my diet into my breastmilk.

alkar Fri 15-Aug-08 11:51:20

bump

nolongerchunkybutstillapudding Fri 15-Aug-08 11:59:17

hey alkar... i'm not an expert but a friend of mine's dd had serious milk intolerance when she was tiny and my friend was told to cut all dairy out of her own diet too - could be worth speaking to dr/hv/hosp about that?

it helped btw. her baby had been really really poorly and they couldn't get to the bottom of what was wrong - she's now 2 and the smiliest, most energetic little bundle of chubby gorgeousness you could imagine.

hope gp was helpful? if you are still worried i would go back to hosp.

hope things calm down xx

glasgowgal Fri 15-Aug-08 12:23:40

Can't be much help just wanted to show my support. Must be very worrying for you. Take him back to hospital and don't leave until you are satisfied they have ruled everything out/ given you something to go on. Let us know how you get on. Good luck!

alkar Sat 16-Aug-08 19:27:25

Thanks for your messages. DS has calmed down a bit now but is still sick 4 / 5 times a day. He is being referred to a paed so hopefully we will get an appointment soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now