Talk

Advanced search

Oh dear, I definitely saw my younger self in DS today (sigh)

(5 Posts)
solidgoldbrass Fri 15-Aug-08 00:14:02

We quite often sing/play The Farmer's In His Den at P&T group, and DS is almost always the farmer (most of the other kids are too young to care or simply don't want to be farmer). But today someone else wanted to be farmer and (obviously) was allowed to - and DS little face crumpled and he absolutely refused to play the game.
So I took him off to one side and sat him on my knee and gave him a cuddle and explained that we can't always be the star and other people get to have a turn sometimes, and that it's understandable to feel miserable about it but better to put on a smile and not fret - yet all the while I was thinking that I knew exactly how he felt because I would have done just the same at his age...

priceyp Fri 15-Aug-08 09:47:16

SGB I know exactly what you mean, because even at the age of 32 I still don't really like lending people my things. So whilst trying to make DS share (which he is v good at) I find quite hard, because all the time I'm actually thinking, why should he!

My parents always comment "look at her face!!" if my husband wants to use my the car, that sort of thing! grin

bogie Fri 15-Aug-08 09:59:52

My ds is turning into me when I was little and I was a nightmare.
My mum is loving every minute of it she always said I hope when you have kids they are like you so you understand how stressful you were.blush

Shoegazer Fri 15-Aug-08 10:19:39

My DD is just like I was too, it really makes my mum laugh. She is quick with smart answers and she is only 2.2, I told her the other day not to throw her plate and she looked at me and said "Mummy, this is bowl not plate. I throw it?" I shudder to think what I have to come.

bogie Fri 15-Aug-08 10:57:11

Shoegazer that sounds just like my ds I told him this morning to take his fingers out of his mouth and he said mummy I haven't got my fingers in my mouth this is my thumb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now