Talk

Advanced search

When do tantrums start?

(6 Posts)
StellaWasADiver Thu 14-Aug-08 08:32:20

Is (almost) 10 months too early?

DS went berserk when I took the cat food bowl off him. Screeching. Angry little face. I couldn't help but laugh blush

dilbertina Thu 14-Aug-08 08:46:19

Oh yes. Get's worse. And less amusing! Good luck!

Mine was like that by 10 months. Now 23 months he has been doing the full-on throw self on floor beating arms and legs for quite some time.

Favourite words: Me, Mine, No, Me do it, Stop it.

Funnily enough though when he's not actually throwing a paddy he's a very sweet and happy little boy. Think he might be a bit strong-willed! My DD was MUCH more even-tempered and easy to distract.

biglips Thu 14-Aug-08 08:48:43

mine started at 11 months...was so shocked and didnt expected it at all. It went worse at 16 months and then stopped. it stopped cos i used to put her in the playpen and ignored her and it worked! grin i think she gave up in the end! wink

meandmyjoe Thu 14-Aug-08 10:56:55

Not too early stella, my ds had tantrums around 9 months. Screaming, kicking, roaring, head banging. My sister was the same but then fter 18 months grew out of it completely. I keep hoping that my ds (12 months) will do the same!

meandmyjoe Thu 14-Aug-08 10:59:00

Just to warn you not to let him see you laughing when he does it or else he'll think it's a game and do it more! Try and turn your bck before you snigger! grin

FAQ Thu 14-Aug-08 10:59:34

all 3 of my DS's startd around 10/11 months.

DS3 is just perfecting his now at 14 months.....

Mind you starting early did seem to stop the bulk of them early too - alhtough having said that DS1 (nearly 8) still has the odd major tantrum!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now