Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else desperate for school hols to finish?

(13 Posts)
slavemum Tue 12-Aug-08 15:54:32

Schools back on Monday and I can't wait. Obviously love my 2 ds to bits but right now they're driving me nuts!! Ds1 is 8 and acting like kevin the teenager, and Ds2, 6, thinks its fine for him to thump his brother, but can't take it when ds1 thumps him back. Done the whole seperating them, time out, distraction, getting them to do the housework for me..blush. We've done alot with them this hols, hardly been a day they've had to stay at home, but i'm on nightshift this week so am knackered and it's typical scottish weather and pissing it down so they can't play out.
Probably just a combination of me being tired and them bored...Just needed to 'vent'..fell alot better now. grin

blar Tue 12-Aug-08 18:33:03

your school is back on Monday? shock envy

bloody 4th September here

slavemum Tue 12-Aug-08 18:40:09

Yup, back on mon- i'm in scotland.
Will be doing a little happy dance after 9am!

stitch Tue 12-Aug-08 18:41:22

school?
i'd be happy to give them up for adoption right now [grr]

sarah293 Tue 12-Aug-08 18:41:42

Message withdrawn

mrspitt Tue 12-Aug-08 18:42:58

I think 6 weeks is ridiculously long for a holiday personally grin

If wasn't for the fact children are involved, i would be a teacher wink

Also in scotland, still got another week to go and it has been the most rubbish holidays ever! The sun has gone for good and all them free cheap days out don't exist!
(we live besidse the beach and i had counted on days spent digging holes and building sand castles)sad

SqueakyPop Tue 12-Aug-08 18:43:32

We go back in about 3 weeks and it is too soon! I have so much to do before then.

sarah293 Tue 12-Aug-08 18:51:00

Message withdrawn

sickofthisrain Tue 12-Aug-08 20:50:53

with you slavemum, it's been hideous torture these hols with only one rain free day so far since they broke up. So all plans to meet playgroup mums in the park have been shelved and nobody is offering to host coffee mornings for bored rampaging children at their houses either, funny that!
Still 3 blardy weeks to go..

slavemum Wed 13-Aug-08 13:54:13

Think my dh got a fright when he came home last night to a mad raving sleep deprived wife and 2 screaming children..called in the emergency troops (his mother) who's taken them away for the day to let me 'catch up on things'..think he must have told her i refused to make his dinner last night and sent him down the chippy!!grin

Weegiemum Wed 13-Aug-08 14:08:09

Hey! Yes!

Are you in Glasgow?

We are back on Monday. After 7 weeks, I am delighted!!!

Dd2 starts. For the first time in years I will have a morning to myself!

Weegiemum Wed 13-Aug-08 14:10:03

And I have ignoerd the rain!!

What is a waterproof coat and trousers, wellies and a large puddel caused by a blocked drain outside your house FOR?

slavemum Wed 13-Aug-08 14:24:47

I'm just outside Glasgow, weegiemum!
ur dd just starts this year? If ur happy about a morning to urself just think in a couple of months u'll have the who day to yourself...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now