Talk

Advanced search

Clingy 16wk old DD - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
Sheen4272 Mon 11-Aug-08 22:19:56

My DD doesn't like to sit with anyone except me and sometimes DH. If I visit friends or family and they want a cuddle more often than not she cries until I take her back. Also, she wants to be picked up alot by me (particularly late afternoon/eve). I am breastfeeding so I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Is this normal behaviour - is there anyway to improve it?

theyoungvisiter Mon 11-Aug-08 22:21:21

completely normal - she is only tiny! Of course she wants to be close to you - she is just learning who you are and still bonding with you and your DH.

Enjoy it while it lasts smile

Normal. Don't force her out of her comfort zone. 16 weeks ago she was physically part of you - she will become independent in her wn time. For now just give her loads of cuddles and reassurance when she needs it and don't be pressurised into putting her in situations she doesn't enjoy. Soon enough she'll be desperate to get down on the ground and explore for herself so enjoy it while you can. DS is now a year old and I wish he'd stay still for a cuddle sometimes!

Sheen4272 Mon 11-Aug-08 22:31:45

Lovely responses - hadn't thought of it like that! Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now