Talk

Advanced search

Check - Ups

(4 Posts)
LuckySalem Sun 10-Aug-08 13:39:13

I've been reading my "what to expect" book and it keeps saying each new month that there will be an assesment on the baby's development and wellness but there never has been since she was about 3 months.

I'm not worried about her development really (I kinda wanna show her off... grin [PFB lol]) but I'm worried that there are things that she should be doing or there are things that she should be getting etc that's not happening

lulumama Sun 10-Aug-08 13:44:11

isn't that an american book?

there is a new born check, then 8 month, 12 month , 18 month, 2 years, 3 years, then pre school boooster IRC

call your HV if you are worried

mrsgboring Sun 10-Aug-08 13:45:36

I think the checkups are an American schedule - the UK edition is not fully de-Americanised.

AFAIK, you should get 6 weeks, 8 months, some places do a 1 year and then a 2 year but I didn't get a 2 year appointment unless I wanted one for "concerns" (just a very very rubbish leaflet full of helpful information like "try her on a potty" which is only really useful if you've got other books or resources to cross reference)

LuckySalem Sun 10-Aug-08 13:47:24

Oh thats not so bad then... I'll just wait for her 8 month check. It's only another month and a bit so i'll wait.

Thanks for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now