Talk

Advanced search

Help, my 3 year old daughter is being taught teenage talk from her cousen

(5 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Sat 09-Aug-08 16:20:38

I have my Nan and 10 year old cousen staying with me for 2 weeks. My cousen and daughter get on well together, but my cousen has terrible manners and somtimes sounds a bit Vicky Pollard. She has already tought my daughter to say "boaring" in a drawn out way, which sounds awfull.
I correct my daughter in front of her for saying things like "what" instead of pardon or aee. She is only down for another week and then she'll be going home. (she lives a long way away). Should I lighten up untill she goes and then work on correcting what my daughters learned? or should I say somthing to my cousen?
What would you do ?

umberella Sat 09-Aug-08 16:25:14

How old is your cousin?

mummyloveslucy Sat 09-Aug-08 16:46:11

She is 10.

Tortington Sat 09-Aug-08 16:48:43

actually i think "what" is the correct term - alsthough it doesn't sound it.

Booooooooooooring, unless said directly to a person is fairly benign imo - however it could be v. rude if said to a eperson and i would tell cousin off for it.

other than bad manners or rudeness i think you should just shut yer gob til they go

mummyloveslucy Sat 09-Aug-08 16:57:28

I think it's the way she leaves the "t" off the end of what as well, and the drowning toan of it. She said "Boooooring" when I asked if they'd like to do a certain activity. You're right though, I'll have to resist and keep me gob shut for another week.grin (with gritted teeth)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now