Talk

Advanced search

Help - Backward step with seperation anxiety 2year old DD x

(6 Posts)
Boop Fri 08-Aug-08 21:12:22

Hello Ladies
Wondered if you can help, my DD has just turned 2. She goes to Nursery 2 days a week, and had turned from me sneeking out to say bye mummy, when i leave, which was great. However, the nursey have changed rooms, and it has sent my daughter into a crying, red faced little girl, who is not happy at all.
The people are the same, the toys are the same, but the rooms. she will not leave my side, cries when I go, I hear her down the hall, she moans was she was left with her grandmother, wants me to put her to bed, and not her daddy. It breaks my heart, and I dont know what to do to help her.
I talk to her, tell her she is a good girl, and try to support her.
But I dont know what eles to do for her. Please any advise, or ideas, would be grand.
Thanks Boopxxx

Boop Sat 09-Aug-08 18:51:16

Please any one got any ideas to help me, its gone from bad to worse, she is now screaming when I leave her, even with my DH. He is being pushed away by her and its all getting a bit much!!
Any ideas any help PLEASE x

CarGirl Sat 09-Aug-08 18:53:21

Could she be unwell at the moment and the 2 together is too much?

jollydo Sat 09-Aug-08 18:54:58

I think separation anxiety sometimes works like this, children get more confident and independent and then something knocks that confidence and it takes time to get back. I can only suggest you carry on with the reassurance you are giving & let her cling when she can e.g. when you are at home - you put her to bed if she wants & if it's possible. (I've had ds1 following me EVERYWHERE for a week or two - bathroom, kitchen, around the romm!! But after a couple of weeks he gradually started to get his confidence back.)
Hope that is some help, I sympathise as it is hard smile

blueshoes Sat 09-Aug-08 19:02:18

I boop, it is hard when your dd is unhappy.

Does your dd settle after you leave? Could she be teething?

The clinginess at drop-off does come and go in phases. At other times eg bedtime, if it is not overly inconvenient, I would just try to be at her side as much as possible. It will blow over. My dd (5) is sometimes still like this. It can be really annoying but it is not a rational thing, it is emotional.

Boop Mon 11-Aug-08 18:05:39

Thankyou for your support, teething could be a part of it, but she is fine in herself. I left her for an hour today, and she was ok as her cousins were playing, seems to get worse when she is not busy!! ha x Lets hope it blows over soon, as I dont think my heart will take much more!!!
Thanks alot x xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now