Talk

Advanced search

when do they start talking?

(4 Posts)
justgaveup Wed 06-Aug-08 23:12:30

My DD1 started talking really early (i think) at 12mths, and picked up words really quickly.

DS is 17mths and making lots of noise but no words as yet. I'm not particularly worried about him but just wondered when did your baby start talking or say first word?

TooTicky Wed 06-Aug-08 23:34:44

Oh, they vary a lot. I have 4 dcs and can't actually remember when they first talked, except ds2 who did have a language delay and didn't put two words together until he was three.

Certainly nothing to worry about at this stage, I'm sure he'll soon be chattering away smile

jas39 Wed 06-Aug-08 23:35:12

have two dd, age 6 and 2, don't worry about when they start talking, they all do it differently, worry about if they will ever shut up, once they start. It has been a constant stream for about five years and now in stereo for the last year.

mel1981 Wed 06-Aug-08 23:44:12

My DS1 started speaking a bit late and DS2 has really only just started at 16 months. He said the odd word now and then but then didnt bother for a few months and now EVERYTHING is (pointing) 'cat cat'. smile
I wasnt really worried because I had it with my 1st too.
I read somewhere that 2nds+ can be slow talkers as they have another child to do the talking for them ...which I think def explains mine.
I wouldnt worry unless your HV is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now