Talk

Advanced search

panic about pushchair/buggy

(15 Posts)
chocbiscuits Wed 06-Aug-08 22:15:08

Just realised that Ds who is 3.1 yrs still uses buggy, (a) to nap in (b) if we go to town its quite a long way and its good to sit him down for a bit, plus will clamour to be carried - if the buggy is there will sit in it instead.

Pg now 27 weeks, will have to convert his buggy to a pram for new Dc, whats the best plan to do with buggys?
Buggy board - no napping in that!

Anyone got any suggestions?

differentID Wed 06-Aug-08 22:15:49

seat to go.

CarGirl Wed 06-Aug-08 22:16:28

sling for newborn

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 06-Aug-08 22:16:54

stop taking it with you now so that he is used to not having it by the time your little one arrives??

bluenosesaint Wed 06-Aug-08 22:18:38

I thought my dd1 would never grow out of her buggy (she was 3yr 2months when dd2 was born and sounds very similar to your ds) but she just did. Just like that.

If your worried at all, could you sling baby for the first few months rather than buying a double or a GodAwful buggy board?

NigellaTheOriginal Wed 06-Aug-08 22:19:54

get cheapy little buggy for his own personal use now - then he'll have forgotton about 'his' pram by the time baby arrives.
also buggyboard.
then sling with cheapy buggy option
pram and buggyboard option
walking option

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 06-Aug-08 22:20:05

I think you need to get him used to walking, and get a buggyboard,

chocbiscuits Wed 06-Aug-08 22:33:20

SLING! Of course! thanx smile

HAve got stroller and large pushchair which can convert to pram so can do
Stroller and sling.
Pram and walking/buggyboard

Do mainly not take it if DH is there to do some carrying.
Maybe shouldn't worry about it and he will grow out of it...

anotherdayyetanothernickname Thu 07-Aug-08 12:31:44

I am going to be controversial here but imho 3.4 (presumably by the time your baby arrives) is old enough to not be using a buggy, even if it is convenient for naps. And by 3.4 most kids can do without naps most of the time.

He's going to have to get used to giving it up at some stage and walking the whole way so unless town is very far I'd say get rid of it now. I'd do the buggy board if he gets tired and make a massive deal of how it's a big boy thing to use it and buggies are for babies etc.

How far is town though?

ajm200 Thu 07-Aug-08 12:42:52

We are in the same position as you but our eldest is younger 20 months. We will be getting a double buggy for longer walks.. pre-pregnancy, I'd often walk 6 miles per day. My LO will walk a lot but there is a limit

We are going down the sling plus single buggy option for trips to playgroup/local shops etc.

anotherdayyetanothernickname Thu 07-Aug-08 13:24:04

But 20 months is so much younger and at that age most do still need a buggy for longer walks, so I can absolutely see why you'd get a double buggy.

chocbiscuits Thu 07-Aug-08 14:02:56

about 2 miles there, maybe a bit less, then walking around town, then 2 miles-ish back.
Think it is pretty far for him.

KnickersOnMaHead Thu 07-Aug-08 15:16:28

Message withdrawn

iwouldgoouttonight Thu 07-Aug-08 15:27:17

I've been thinking about this - our DS will be 2.5 yrs when the new baby arrives. He still has a nap in the day and can't walk very far (although this may obviously have improved by the time the baby comes). I really don't want to have to buy a double buggy (partly because it won't fit into our car) - do you think a buggy board and/or sling would work for us?

Flightputsonahat Thu 07-Aug-08 15:29:30

I'd get a double...especially if you walk a lot rather than use the car.

Mine was 4 when his brother arrived and still wasn't a reliable walker, double buggy is just quicker and easier for you if you need to be somewhere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now