Talk

Advanced search

Am I worrying for no reason?

(22 Posts)
BuwchBywiog Tue 05-Aug-08 12:16:06

My DS would try and bare his own weight from the day he was born, he'd like nothing better than to be held upright and try to push himself upwards with his legs. DD is 5 and a half months and won't try to bare her own weight at all, she kicks and wiggles her legs like there's no tomorrow and rolls over, even manages to turn a full 360 circle in her cot but won't even attempt anything of the sort. Is she being lazy or it something I should be concerned about??!! I hate comparing what she does to when he did things usually but this is something that just keeps popping into the back of my mind?!

TIA

PS she is much heavier than he was at this age so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it?

moondog Tue 05-Aug-08 12:18:20

Probably.
Paid a poeni. smile

BuwchBywiog Tue 05-Aug-08 12:21:03

Diolch grin

Would it help if I put her in one of those door bouncy things do you reckon?

moondog Tue 05-Aug-08 12:25:40

Os wyt ti eisiau.
Mae nhw'n hwyl.

fluffyanimal Tue 05-Aug-08 12:28:25

Please could the rest of us join in?

moondog Tue 05-Aug-08 12:30:28

Go ahead. Be our guest.
Have you something useful to add?

fluffyanimal Tue 05-Aug-08 12:42:21

I don't know, because I can't understand part of the discussion. Or at least please can you let me know that that part of the discussion is not relevant, so I can comment on the bits in English? (No objection to you having a private discussion, but it would be nice to be sure that those of us who don't speak Welsh can just disregard it. smile)

moondog Tue 05-Aug-08 12:49:06

'it would be nice to be sure that those of us who don't speak Welsh can just disregard it'.
Why is that then?

fluffyanimal Tue 05-Aug-08 12:53:00

SIGH Can just disregard the part of this thread that is written in Welsh. That's what I meant, not disregard the Welsh language per se, and I bet you know that. hmm

I'm not trying to start a fight here, but if the OP wants advice from people, it's helpful to know what other advice people have given before you chip in to a discussion, and I can't do that because I can't speak Welsh. IF on the other hand, your exchange in Welsh has nothing to do with the thread topic, then please say so and I'll offer my advice to the OP.

Iklboo Tue 05-Aug-08 12:54:09

It would avoid cross posts I suppose - you might get 3 or 4 people telling you exactly the same thing which might be boring/annoying for you

choccypig Tue 05-Aug-08 12:56:01

Ofgs fluffy, if you've got a relevant comment just post it.

choccypig Tue 05-Aug-08 12:57:04

ofgs loks like welsh for for goodness sake grin

fluffyanimal Tue 05-Aug-08 13:04:59

Po-moemu, rebenok sovcem normal'nyi, ne nado bespokoit'sia. grin

BuwchBywiog Tue 05-Aug-08 13:45:32

Oh crikey!

All I wanted to know was if I should be worried about the weight baring thing sad

moondog was telling me to "paid a poeni" wich is don't worry.

I then said "diolch" which is thanks

she replys to my question about the door bouncer by telling me to put her in one if I want and that they are fun!

Hope that clears things up

CarGirl Tue 05-Aug-08 13:48:29

my youngest wouldn't weight bear at all until she started to pull herself up when she was around 15 months!

Kelix Tue 05-Aug-08 13:51:38

Wouldnt worry about it atm. My DD started to bear her own weight when she was about 4 months but all children are different. The bouncy thing is a great idea tho, they are good fun if nothing else.

wonderstuff Tue 05-Aug-08 13:51:44

My mamgu and my dad speak welsh, and I don't, I get so nosey when they go into welsh, always sounds like they are saying something really interesting, when in reality they are arguing over who should pay for lunch!

I wouldn't worry either grin

fluffyanimal Tue 05-Aug-08 13:55:25

Thanks Buwch. Door bouncers are fun, my ds loved his. My last post said, "in my opinion, the child is completely normal, there's no need to worry" - sounds a lot more abrupt in English, sorry!

BuwchBywiog Tue 05-Aug-08 13:56:52

Thank you I hoped I was being paranoid, didn't really want to bother the HV with it, will see how she gets on anyway.

1dilemma Tue 05-Aug-08 13:58:54

I thought moondog was telling you something about flowers blush until I read it properly.

However might be due to her size mine were all 'bonny' and not exactly early to walk!

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 05-Aug-08 14:02:47

ROFL at the arguing oevr welsh! you lota re clever though i can barely read and write one language let alone two!

my dd1 was like your ds she was practically born walking dd2 didnt do an awfull lot untill about 6 months old she just laid there really, she was slow at weight baring, babbling, sitting, pulling up. she is now 14 months and can walk unaided if she thinks that you are holding her but she isnt confident enough to go more than a few steps once she realises that you arent actually holding onto her anymore. bless. smile

i wouldnt worry. dont worry either if she doesnt like the door bouncer my dd2 wasnt keen on hers untill recently now she runs forwards in it as fast as she can and then lifts up her feet so that it swings.

1dilemma Tue 05-Aug-08 14:06:18

love the image of the swinging bouncer grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now