Talk

Advanced search

2.5 months DS constantly crying about very little

(12 Posts)
dewmeadow Mon 04-Aug-08 11:16:37

My DS is middle child - DD1 (4.8) DD2 (12 months) and anything that annoys him at all he roars and cries for ages. Im aware he's probably regressing a bit cos of baby, but its so hard not to get cross with him for crying about F**k all!

Anybody else? Any advice on how to handle it? DO you think he'll EVER grow out of it?

(I'll be on and off cos messages to do, so apologies for posting and leaving)

dewmeadow Mon 04-Aug-08 11:19:36

SuperSillyus Mon 04-Aug-08 17:48:11

My 16 month old is whinging far more than he used to. My mother helpfully points out that he is copying and competing with the other children. My ds2 (3) sometimes whines and I've been telling him to stop squeaking and talk properly.

I don't really know how to get them to stop the horrible noises either....

kittywise Mon 04-Aug-08 18:01:16

You don't say how old he is!

kittywise Mon 04-Aug-08 18:02:20

but anyway, yes he will grow out of it , that much is a certain, couldn't hazzard as guess as to when though wink

SuperSillyus Mon 04-Aug-08 19:11:35

he is 2 years and 5 months.

SuperSillyus Mon 04-Aug-08 19:14:08

sorry that last post and this one is DEWMEADOW - Im on Supersillyus' computer!

how does anyoone else deal with it? (especially when sleep deprived or have 2 other wee people whinging)

kittywise Mon 04-Aug-08 19:42:26

hi dewmeadow, sorry I can't add any great pearls of wisdom. It happens. The best thing you can TRY to do is not react. My number 5 is 2.6 and she and the baby ( 15 months) can whinge in a way that makes me think murderous thoughts and frankly want to chuck them across the room whilst loudly shouting ' fuck off you whinging pair of buggers'.
you are not alone, just ignore. The more attention you give to the crap behaviour the more he will do it.
Sometimes if I'm feeling über in control (not very often sadly) I bend down and speak nicely to the great whining child and try to find out what she wants. That also usually stops the whining immediately but, I'm human(just) and harassed so most of the time I ignore and silently implode whilst looking forward to that evening's alcohol fox wink.
Currently my ears are ringing and really hurting from a horrible high pitched scream she did half an hour ago, all in the name of fun you understand hmm?

kittywise Mon 04-Aug-08 19:43:30

ALCOHOL FIX!!!

SuperSillyus Mon 04-Aug-08 20:13:34

(DM here again!!)

thanks kitty! I feel very much like you describe somedays - especially the "fuck off you whinging pair of bastard" bit! Today, I just felt like "what the hell am I supposed to do?" I do mostly ignore, but soemtimes I get cross with him for crying about shite all, and his daddy definitely does too! When Im busy with all of them , I sometimes expect too much of him, in comparing him with his bigger sister. He is only 2....aw....

Just wanted some moral support smile

ghandi Mon 04-Aug-08 20:20:39

Maybe hug or kiss and bit of attention

divastrop Mon 04-Aug-08 20:23:06

on one hand,i am aware that children that age tend to whinge alot when they are tired etc,and usually grow out of it.if dd2(2.8)whinges i just tell her to speak to me in a proper voice and ignore her till she does,BUT,my ds2 used to whinge at that age as his speech/vocabulary was very poor and he used to get very frustrated,so i used to try and calmly find out what he wanted.

on the other hand,my ds1 has been a whinger since i can remember and still cries/whines at the slightest thing.he is 10.6shock.i hoping he grows out of it before he goes to senior school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now