Talk

Advanced search

losing weight in 5 1/2 months

(4 Posts)
bhk3 Sat 02-Aug-08 20:40:22

my dd will be 6months next weeks she's suddenly stopped gaining weight from last month can anybody give me any idea? is it normal at this age. she's also not feeding well. i'm very anxious to know about this

noonki Sat 02-Aug-08 21:00:16

Has she been gaining weight since birth OK ?-

they definately go through get bigger then slow down stages,

I never ever weighed mine unless at their 6 week /8month check ups as I think it can make you worry unnecessarily

if she is not a really low percentile I wouldn't worry-

apparently they grow in steps not in a neat line that the growth charts would have you believe!

angel1976 Sat 02-Aug-08 22:36:30

My DS is not a good milk drinker either. He's almost 5.5 months and I've always struggled to get 25+ oz in him... In 3 weeks, from 19 weeks to 22 weeks, he put on 160 grammes (about 7 oz), which is so little but I was surprised that when they plotted that on his growth chart, he was still following the line. At this age, I think they stop putting on those crazy weight gain like in the beginning (he put on 9 oz in ONE week at one stage!). From the sound of your message, she is NOT actually losing weight but just stopped gaining? I find that at this age, there's so much going on - teething, physical development, being more alert in general etc - that it seems that appetite suffers as a result! I hope that re-assures you? I am obsessed with DS's weight and I know I shouldn't be as he is healthy, alert and boy, can he scream! grin

bhk3 Mon 04-Aug-08 20:13:13

thanks so much for ur responses. yes i guess i'm too much worrying about my dd's weight loss actually she did maintain the growth chart's line suddenly she's dropped down the usual line she is in. she's wriggles a lot these days before she sleeps i wonder is this normal. she throws her armas & legs like anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now