Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me she will grow out of this

(7 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 02-Aug-08 20:05:58

am sat here with a large glass of wine feeling like I have done 10 rounds with DD age 2.5. We attempted to go to church this evening, she has been before but not regularly, but mortified as she tried to commit arson with all the candles and replace the statue of the Virgin Mary with her Bob the Builder toy. I know this is a phase but just want some reassurance that she will get better.

HumphreyPillow Sat 02-Aug-08 20:07:19

She will grow out of this smile

lilQuidditchKel Sat 02-Aug-08 20:10:19

grin you poor thing! I have posted on Facebook that my DS (2.4) is up for sale. He did not replace Our Blessed Lady with Muck, or anything like that (Thank God :-) but he has taken to pummelling his little sister (14mo) with his fists. He used to be an angel...perhaps I need to take him to church more often? hmm

Good luck...

meemar Sat 02-Aug-08 20:11:38

It will become easier for you as she gets older, but be reassured that she is doing nothing unusual for her age. The problem is simply that she is in an environment where she is expected to sit still and be quiet which are alien concepts to toddlers smile.

Would you be happy to stop taking her until she was older? It would probably be more enjoyable for you.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 02-Aug-08 20:13:12

Thank you for your replies, I think we will try again when she has a better concept of how she is meant to behave, bless her though she has just changed from a cot bed to a bed and she has started putting herself to bed, so the scales to balance.

Doodle2U Sat 02-Aug-08 20:14:27

Blimey - with the best will in the world, I would have considered that little trip to church a success if it was all either of my two had done!shockgrin

By about 3.5 she'll start to comprehend and it becomes easier.

joey1970 Sun 03-Aug-08 12:03:42

I am after some advice!
I have a 25week old little girl and bless her she whinges all the time!

You have try to amused her all day long and even when you do she still whinges!
I bought her a jumparoo to keep her occupied and try to tire her out a bit. She is fine in it aslong as im there talking to her and smiling at her, the minute i turn mt attention to something else she statrts again. No toy seems to satisfy her, only constant stimulation from me. She is not 100% comfortable on her tummy yet. I pop her on to her tummy, she stays there for a short time then wants to be on her back. She can sit up for short spurts but is really wobbily. She has always been a moany baby. I thought that as she grew a bit she would be able to entertain herself a bit more and becomes more independant-but no. Even on your knee she is not happy most times she shuffles about and whinges as if she is telling you she wants to be down to polay. You put her down and she whinges more! she wakes at 5.30 and whinges most of the day till bed time. Would love some advice, i am sure i am not the only mum with a cutie like this!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now