Talk

Advanced search

3 1/2 year old driving me to the odd glass of rose...

(7 Posts)
mistersmum Sat 02-Aug-08 19:24:47

Cor...what happens to make him go from being a compliant,well behaved (not boring) , delight to be with child, to one who drives you to despair with everything he does? I am amazed at the change in him and my mum just says it is a phase and he will grow out of it, and he probably will, but none of my old strategies work and it feels like I need to start all over again. And prob some of it is me (feeling a bit tired at the mo) but boy, can he play up. IS this normal? Everytime I feel like I am on an even keel it all goes belly up again...is this normal too? HELP

mummyloveslucy Sat 02-Aug-08 19:55:21

bless, smile don't dispare. My daughter is the same age and is a bit like that. She is usually very good but has days of being a complete nightmare. It is hard at this age, espesially for my daughter as she has a speech disorder so can't communicate effectivly. Hang in there, a nice glass of wine is probubly not a bad idea. I'd join you but I'm doing a night shift soon. envy

mistersmum Sat 02-Aug-08 20:13:26

I think it is the frustration of communication, and prob more so with your daughter, mummyloveslucy. I'll have a glass for you...
He is also picking up somethings from preschool, whihc I know is completely normal, but if I hear the word poopey again I might scream v loudly!

mummyloveslucy Sat 02-Aug-08 20:17:56

I know, my daughter is at nursery and has startted to come out with funny sayings like "what are you like" etc (in her own way of corse).

pippylongstockings Sat 02-Aug-08 20:29:42

I thought all 3 and a half year olds were meant to test you ???!!
Life just is a roller coaster of emotions in our house (should have guessed it would be this way when he started head banging on the floor age 2!)

I seem to spend my days trying to out smart him as he is such a master of his own game - I don't know where it comes from a simple request like stop throwing toys down the stairs t 6.30 am can turn into a full blown episode 'I WANT TO THROW' etc etc. - favorite at the mo is if you ask him what's wrong he replies 'No dont ask me that!' or this morning his brother was just saying his name 'No don't say that don't say my name?!' cue lots of tears and sobbing???

The rest of the time he can be so sweet - keep on repeating it will get better.

And the wine helps of course!

kittywise Sat 02-Aug-08 20:31:17

yes you will find out that every age the child is at has new problems.

mummyloveslucy Sun 03-Aug-08 18:42:54

I'd prefere to call them challenges. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now