Talk

Advanced search

OMG this site is AMAZING!

(24 Posts)
OneBoyOneGirl Sat 02-Aug-08 17:54:44

Hi everyone - im new to Mnet today and this is probably not the right place to post this but i am sooooo relieved to find this site.

They should print details in the maternity packs or something cause with a DD 2.4 and a DS 1, just reading the posts today has answered nearly all of my questions and i can relax for the first time in years!!

So i guess i just wanted to say hi, and thank you for being such a helpful bunch!

Whizzz Sat 02-Aug-08 17:56:08

grin welcome to the world that is MN - you will soon become hooked!

llareggub Sat 02-Aug-08 17:57:21

I'd step away now while you still can...

NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 02-Aug-08 18:00:49

if you have any pride in the state of your house then STEP AWAY from the keyboard

Oh - and welcome grin

(MN is the crack cocain of the internet)

and you do know that we aren't always nice doncha? wink

OneBoyOneGirl Sat 02-Aug-08 18:11:25

Thank you

I think i am already addicted! I've been browsing the posts all day plucking up courage to write.

funnypeculiar Sat 02-Aug-08 18:12:44

Welcome to Hotel MN smile - you can check in, you know...

psychomum5 Sat 02-Aug-08 18:15:07

they may have answered all the childcare questions you currently have, but they utterly fail to tell you how badly ferral your children are now likely to become now you have discovered MN.

not that mine are

welcome to MN

stretchmarkqueen Sat 02-Aug-08 18:26:08

grin Hi!! My name is SMQ and I'm hooked on addicted to only on MN occasionally!!! <<cue messy house!!>>

Welcome smile

Cooo eee, tis true you will soon be an addictgrin

copingvquietly Sat 02-Aug-08 18:38:13

welcomesmile

roisin Sat 02-Aug-08 18:44:17

Welcome!

WARNING: Once you've posted you will never leave!
I've been on here for just over 8 years shock

kittywise Sat 02-Aug-08 18:55:59

Oh dear, well yes, welcome. It's a very mad and dangerous place here.
Avoid when the moon is full, at all costs.
Your children will be neglected
Don't ever take anything personally.
it's true that you will never leave <sinister laugh>

jenniebee Sat 02-Aug-08 18:59:05

*STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!*

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 02-Aug-08 19:04:17

Message withdrawn

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 02-Aug-08 19:08:42

Oh welcome, OBOG

Rememeber to stay out of the following debates:

BF/FF

Should Chidminders charge for their holidays

Parent and child parking/Disabled parking

And if you start a thread in Am I being Unreasonable, be prepared to be told Yes.

Come on in, it's great here

not at --all a nest of vipers

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 02-Aug-08 19:16:41

God leave whilst you can. I've been on here since 2000 or 2001 and been trying to leave since about 2004.

Turn it off, step away from the computer.

kittywise Sat 02-Aug-08 19:30:36

it is an amazing site, full of acid tongued bitches ladies but wonderfully supportive when you need it.

newpup Sat 02-Aug-08 19:34:33

Welcome. It is addictive! I wish someone had warned me to stay clear of certain topics. I was SHOUTED at on my first post for answering yes to AIBU blush

Pruners Sat 02-Aug-08 19:35:11

Message withdrawn

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 02-Aug-08 19:38:03

welcome
(and say goodbye to your old life/tv/books/children.....) actually I reckon MN is very good for encouraging early child independence!

mamadiva Sat 02-Aug-08 19:41:01

I've only been on here a few weeks and have to admit I am very slightly addicted to it! Great for having ahem debates and for the much needed support in the wonderful world of slavery parenting.

And just to warn you that yes you will get into 'scuffles' every now and again but don't shy away from the people you do it with as the same people you argued with you the day before will be so supportive the next day. No grudges on here.

nickytwotimes Sat 02-Aug-08 19:44:22

Welcome!
I've been an mner for 18 mths.
Wish I'd known of it during pg - would've been a great help with bfing, sleeping, etc, etc. Not to mention support when I've been isolated.
I am always going on about i tto my pals. Positively evangelical, lol!

forevared Mon 04-Aug-08 13:32:40

I could cry I've been so grateful for some posts, either answers to my own dilemmas or just seeing other peoples and thinking "It's not just me then!"

It's true you'll never be able to tear yourself away from the computer. I regularly hear dh shouting from the other room "are you still on the bloody computer?" Ooops!

loopylou6 Mon 04-Aug-08 15:21:46

shock u nasty lot, i think you've scared her away grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now