Talk

Advanced search

Kung Fu dd2

(4 Posts)
SlothyMcFrothy Fri 01-Aug-08 23:55:28

dd2(2.7) has taken to scratching,kicking,hitting and headbutting dd1 at every opportunity,even when dp or myself are present.
How is best to handle this do you think?

SlothyMcFrothy Sat 02-Aug-08 00:18:07

bump

BasementBear Sat 02-Aug-08 14:33:11

We normally operate "3 strikes and your out" policy for bad behaviour, - 3 warnings then time out. But for violent behavour, the DCs know that it is not acceptable under any circumstances so they get timeout straight away without warnings. Give one minute for each year of their age, ie 4 year old gets 4 minutes. Tell them exactly why they are getting time out, then afterwards, explain again why they had to get time out and make sure they say sorry to their victim! The advice seems to be that timeout works from about two and a half years, so I'd give it a go.

SlothyMcFrothy Sat 02-Aug-08 16:35:12

Thanks for replying

Yes i did try the 'naughty corner' but only after warning her so i guess i should just put her straight in the corner .

I do think that part of the reason she does it is because dd1 has on occasion done it to her and i swear she has remembered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now