Talk

Advanced search

My toddler is obsessing with washing

(2 Posts)
QuintessentialShadows Fri 01-Aug-08 14:55:21

He is three, and has developed a thing for washing. He loves to clean. He keeps having to wash his hands and his face, he says it is dirty. It is not. He will get up from bed after the ligths are off, run to the bathroom and wash his face, again. If left unsupervised he can empty all the liquid soap in the sink, fill up with wather, and immerse his hands and arms, take a flannel and wash his face, arms, hands. Etc.

Should I worry?

SuziBhoy Fri 01-Aug-08 16:13:03

hi there, must be hard and worrying, but my neice went through a similar thing. What age is your son?

My neice was 4 when she went through it. This was due to watching her mum obsess over cleaning, and also she thought it was naughty to get things messy or dirty. In the end we had to enforce that it was ok to get things messy/dirty. My sister done this through gardening, lol. I know it sounds extreme but it worked.

Hope ive not freaked you out to much. It may just be a phase. I hope ive helped a little.
Let me know how you are getting on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now