Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

16m and waking at 5AM STARVING hungry - ideas for daytime feeding required!

(8 Posts)
Fodders Thu 10-Feb-05 08:31:40

ok - so I've worked really hard during the last 16M on helping dd to sleep but she's still waking between 4 and 5AM at 16M. Am now convinced the final barrier to a 12 hour sleep is her appetite - her rumbly tummy is waking before 6 every day!

Have been trying to fill her up during the day so she's already eating:
- Brekkie @7AM- 250ml milk, pear / apple, 1.5 slices brown bread + yoghurt (adult size)
- Snack - slice of brown bread +/- fruit + water
- Lunch @ noon - Protein + cereal bowl full of mixed veggies (green & potatoes / rice) + water
- Snack - yoghurt
- Tea @ 6pm - 125 milk, + cereal bowl full of pasta & mixed veggies with a bit of grated cheese, yoghurt
- Bedtime @ 8pm - 125 milk

Should I be trying to feed her more? (growth = steady on same centile since birth) or should I re-arrange what she has during the day?

alison222 Thu 10-Feb-05 18:47:39

I give my chidren a snack with their milk - often crackers or bread, to fill them up so they don't wake too early- it seems to work for us.

kalex Thu 10-Feb-05 18:50:06

What are you giving her at 6am?

WigWamBam Thu 10-Feb-05 18:52:45

Try her with a little bit of supper with her bedtime milk - a bowl of cereal or something, otherwise she's going from 6pm without solid food.

Fodders Sat 12-Feb-05 13:44:55

she starts her 250ml of milk at 6AM but only sips at it as she's quite groggy until around 7AM.

Will be trying a snack at bedtime tonight and hoping for a lie-in tomorrow!

franch Sat 12-Feb-05 13:49:24

Maybe if you phased out the 5am bottle (gradually dilute with water?), she'd eat more during the day - enough to see her through the night? The early bottle might just be habit?? Sounds like she's eating plenty but do you keep putting food in front of her till she refuses to eat any more?

Sorry if this is all a bit obvious!! Good luck

marj Sat 12-Feb-05 15:01:01

My ds drinks around 260mls milk before he goes to bed. He is 21 months but has drunk that kind of volume for a while.
He has a big meal at around 5pm, milk at around 7pm then bed. He will sleep through until 7am.
Does your dd always have a good meal at 6pm or does she sometimes pick meaning she may need more milk at bedtime? Dont know if that may help?

franch Sat 12-Feb-05 15:03:06

marj has a point - and if she doesn't go for the extra milk at bedtime, how about water with her tea then a big bedtime bottle?? Just a thought

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now