Talk

Advanced search

Another thread about baby cups - please help!

(6 Posts)
hughjarssss Wed 30-Jul-08 21:42:09

DD - 9 months - has milk from her bottle in the morning when she gets up and at night before she goes to sleep.

In the day she has water from a Annabel Karmel beaker with the valve removed so its free flow. She deinks ok from it but spits the last mouthfall out when she's had enough.
She doesn't hold the cup to drink yet, she teethes on it and also launches it across the room. I hold it for her when she's drinking.

She just starting to refuse the bottle so want to give her a beaker instead.
Should I put her milk in the free flow Annabel Karmel beaker or a different beaker?

pinkyp Wed 30-Jul-08 21:55:58

personally i'd try it in a different beaker, my son did this and i put it in the same, he was disgusted when he took a sip expecting water! lol,

hughjarssss Wed 30-Jul-08 22:00:47

LOL!
I didn't think of that pinky. Did he drink from that cup again?
Did you put his milk in a free flow cup?

Eaglebird Wed 30-Jul-08 22:38:44

MY DS is nearly 9 months old and uses a Tommee Tippee Nuby 'Kids on the go' tall beaker. You can get them for £1.50 from Asda in a variety of colours. The beaker is shaped a bit like a normal bottle, but has a grooved bit so babies can hold them more easily. They also have a soft spout which does not spill.
DS has been drinking water successfully from them for a few weeks, and today I put his mid-morning milk in one and he drank it with no problems.
It's the only beaker I've had any real success with so far, so I'd recommend it.

hughjarssss Thu 31-Jul-08 16:37:21

Thanks Eaglebird

pinkyp Fri 01-Aug-08 22:36:28

yeh he did drink from that cup again lol. He still has both his milk feeds from a bottle now tho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now