Talk

Advanced search

not going to bed

(12 Posts)
hotbot Wed 30-Jul-08 19:36:52

i have a lovely dd who has a bath, milk, story and then bed with a kiss and a goodbye..... ahhhhh except this last week she has been getting out of bed and running all chirpily into our bedroom, the bathroom the living room ..... i have now just put her to bed for the 7th time ..sigh,what is going on mners?
she is definately tired oh and 22 mths old

hotbot Wed 30-Jul-08 19:53:27

anyone??

rolymoma Wed 30-Jul-08 21:01:22

ive no solutions but just to say i am in exactly the same position. my dd is 19 months and has always had a decent lunch time nap and been flat out by 830 pm at the latest. in the last week she has been skipping her nap and hasnt been asleep before 10pm. i have been putting it down to the weather but just because i cant find any other reason. shes sitting next to me now watching location location location and is as bright as a button. im completely puzzled!

LEMONADEGIRL Wed 30-Jul-08 21:18:53

my ds is 22mths old and sounds just like yours. He can be rubbing his eyes as grumpy as you like but leave the room after putting him to bed and he wakes up. Jumps on bed, in and out of it etc.

Driving me mad, it is a phase I tell myself.

hotbot Wed 30-Jul-08 22:06:35

ok cheers chaps,, will keep telling myself as wise mners have said "tis just a phase"
<shakes head and tuts> must be something to do with their age if they are all the same

hotbot Wed 30-Jul-08 22:07:28

oh was also wondering about the heat too roly

PhDlifeNeedsaNewLife Wed 30-Jul-08 22:10:26

dh's patented solution?

velcro.

one strip on bed.
one strip on pajamas.

sorted. grin

<<scarpers>>

hotbot Wed 30-Jul-08 22:27:55

phd lol......
off to sewing box now...
wondering if wonderweb will do?

gagarin Wed 30-Jul-08 22:30:24

stair gate on bedroom door?

shut the door?

put her back in her cot?

22months is very young to understand about staying in bed!

hotbot Wed 30-Jul-08 22:37:06

gagrin, am too soft to close her doorblush
she is generally fantastic at staying in bed all night til at least ohhh 05.30 <sob>
Was just curious if this is the start of a new stage, she is so sweet when she gets up that i have to really try hard not to laugh.cot maybe a good idea again tho

gagarin Wed 30-Jul-08 22:49:56

she knows you think it's sweet!

just ignore her then - no eye contact; take her back to bed 100 times if needed just saying the same thing and nothing else (something nice though! - like "night night sleep tight see you in the morning")

It won't seem sweet when she's 2.5 and is still doing it...hmm

rolymoma Wed 30-Jul-08 23:01:17

i know dd should be in routine but she was until this week and for no apparent reason she has decided to change it. she ought to be dropping with only 7 hours sleep a day but she's absolutely not. no crying or whinging but no sleeping either. she just wants to sit with me and play. i keep telling her it is grown up time and she needs to get some rest but i know im fighting a losing cause trying to get her down as she is wide awake. im just going to go for the 'it's a phase' option or else try the velcro when all else fails blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now