Advanced search

why do I have to stand outside for him to play in the garden?

(11 Posts)
Hausfrau Wed 09-Feb-05 13:41:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kayleigh Wed 09-Feb-05 13:43:33

Sending you sympathy. I wouldn't want to go out either.

Hausfrau Wed 09-Feb-05 13:43:59

Easy Wed 09-Feb-05 13:45:28

I never understood this either. We bought ds a sandpit, when he was 4, so he could play in it and I could watch him out of the window. But he has NEVER played in it unless I'm outside too, either watching, or playing with him. I'm not even allowed to be out there gardening, I've got to give HIM all my attention.

Bl**dy annoying, isn't it?

fruitful Wed 09-Feb-05 13:47:45

Ooh, sympathy. Same here! All I do is stand on the patio, its not as if I'm playing football with dd or anything. But I have to be out there - otherwise she comes in every 90 seconds, muddy shoes all over the living room.

I have considered a life-size cardboard photo of myself, pasted to the outside of the french windows...

Failing that, a friend. Now that works - two of them out there, both doing their own thing while the mummies sit on the sofa in the warm.

Kayleigh Wed 09-Feb-05 13:49:43

Hausfrau, can you bribe him ? You go and play for 10 minutes and Mummy will have a lovely biscuit/cake/apple/ ready for you when you come in. If you have a timer so much the better. My boys seem to love being timed for stuff !

motherinferior Wed 09-Feb-05 13:55:37

Little bugger

Hausfrau Wed 09-Feb-05 14:15:13

WideWebWitch Wed 09-Feb-05 14:17:59

Can't you borrow a friend for him from someone? IME they leave you alone sometimes then! Annoying innit? I wouldn't go out either.

Kayleigh Wed 09-Feb-05 14:54:45

Did you manage a nice cup of tea while he was out ?

suedonim Wed 09-Feb-05 15:54:41

I think 8yo dd has been in our garden on her own about three times in all!! Her sandpit must be the most expensive toy I ever bought. She spent 10 minutes in it then fled, because there was a bug in it and she has refused to go back since. Then there was the summer ds1 wouldn't go outside at all, 'in case there's a bee'. Sigh.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now