Talk

Advanced search

4mth old wont let me leave his sight!

(4 Posts)
stillsmiling Wed 09-Feb-05 12:02:39

i have a 4mth old boy and im 6wks pregnant with my 2nd, whenever i leave his sight he screams uncontrolably. any advice would be appriciated i think im cracking up!

Amanda3266 Wed 09-Feb-05 12:43:33

Hi there,

Honestly, it's just a phase - and shows how attached he is to you. It honestly won't last forever - at present when you leave his sight as far as he is concerned you've disappeared never to return. It's just seperation anxiety and will eventually stop. Mine used to do the same. He obviously has a really good bond with you.

nailpolish Wed 09-Feb-05 12:47:43

gosh you must be busy!

i have a 4 mth old who is like that too, i find it helps if i shout out to her from the other room (ie if im doing the dishes or something) to let her hear my voice.

also i use a door bouncer if im flitting between 2 rooms. its been a godsend

kbaby Wed 09-Feb-05 21:02:12

my lo is like that but I tend to take her with me to whichever room im in. Ie she comes to the kitchen while I do the dishes and upstairs to sort the washign out. At least that way I avoid the tears and can talk to her at the same time as doing housework.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: