Talk

Advanced search

Stupid question about tesco trolleys

(8 Posts)
lucysnowe Mon 28-Jul-08 10:20:18

So you know the trolleys at Tescos with the blue reclined seat on top - not the sitty-uppy-put-your-feet-through ones - at what age can babies go on them? Assume DD at almost four months is doable but this is my first time so I am a bit clueless!

RubySlippers Mon 28-Jul-08 10:22:33

erm - i think 4 months should be ok

i remember trying to put my teeny tiny newborn DS in one, and watching him practically slide through the end!

LuLuBai Mon 28-Jul-08 10:35:39

I first put DD in one at 9 weeks. She loved it as she was high up and down every aisle we went little old ladies cooed at her.

lucysnowe Mon 28-Jul-08 11:15:36

cool! can stop using the car seat one which imho looks a tad precarious...

misdee Mon 28-Jul-08 11:17:16

i have always used them from newborn. i just put a blanket in the seat first, and make sure the straps are secure.

fledtoscotland Mon 28-Jul-08 13:00:34

am the same as misdee - DS went in it from a newborn as i thought the carseat thing looked precarious. just put a blanket under and over him and tightened the straps.

YumeeMumee Mon 28-Jul-08 13:12:29

I agree smile I put DS in when about 4mths....and that was a relief as I could never find a trolley with a carseat flat bit....I'd end up pushing DS while DH pushed the trolley!

The other problem I had was that I'm only short and having to manoevere a trolley with a carseat in it meant that unless I'm wearing platforms or 10" stilletos grin (neither of which I'm partial to LOL) I couldn't see where I was going, so I'd be pushing from the side.

I also found a bit later that DS actually preferred to be in a carrier facing outwards than in the trolley as he could see everything and everyone - easier for me too as it kept him quiet long enough to finish the shop!

lucysnowe Mon 28-Jul-08 17:13:59

The carseat one is a bit like one of those seats on top of an elephant I suppose... quite good for looking over the tops of people though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now