Talk

Advanced search

Teething - top ones first??

(5 Posts)
starkadder Sun 27-Jul-08 19:49:47

Our baby is nearly 17 weeks old and I think he's teething - he is quite distressed at times, v dribbly, and I think I can feel a little tooth coming through his gum - however it seems to be on the top. I thought the bottom teeth were supposed to arrive first? Am I wrong? Any ideas? Thanks!

sannie Sun 27-Jul-08 20:00:16

hi,

i think the bottom front ones usually come first but it is possible for the top ones to come through before....ds2 is teething at the moment and it looks as if it's only the top ones....

i find calpol and bonjela to be a lifesaver x

moocowme Sun 27-Jul-08 20:10:23

could be a while until the tooth actually appears. give hime something cold to chomp on and medicate when neccessary

silverfrog Sun 27-Jul-08 20:16:38

I don't think it matters what order teeth arrive in. there is a suposed set pattern, but neither of my dds stuck to it.

dd2 was (is) teething in a very odd pattern. She got her bottom two teeth ok, bang on schedule at 6 months (having chewed and dribbled from around 14 weeks).

Then nothing. So we waited, and waited, and still nothing (or so i thought!) when she was 14 months I spoke to the hv (in passing - was there about something else) as there was no sign of more teeth.

then, about a week later I was fishing someting out of her mouth when i noticed she had her top molars through - must have been there a month or so easily.

then she cut her first top tooth, then bottom molars, and now, at 17 months her second top tooth

They come when they come, and in the order that they do smile

starkadder Mon 28-Jul-08 12:29:15

thanks everyone Will wait and see what emerges where!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now