Talk

Advanced search

My 8 yr old son is just horrible.....

(12 Posts)
DoubleBluff Sun 27-Jul-08 16:24:40

WE have had a week of one melt down after another, he has ruined yet another pleasant day and I cannot stand being in the same room as him.
Today he was set off because the paddling pool which i spent an hour getiing ready, was on a slight slope so I am stupid the garden is stupid, everything is stupid.
I tell him off he yells bak at me , I greund him, he throws things, i put him in his room, he kicks the dooor.
Ireally feel like the only answer is to give him a good hiding, cos i don't know what else will work. sad

MatNanPlus Sun 27-Jul-08 16:26:36

Ignore him

Don't raise your voice

Walk away

You play in the stupid paddling pool

DoubleBluff Sun 27-Jul-08 16:27:27

am going to fling myself naked in the damn thing to cool off.

MatNanPlus Sun 27-Jul-08 16:28:17

YEAH Go For It

FabioThatFirggingCat Sun 27-Jul-08 16:28:21

I diagnose end of term exhaustion.
Have very boring days and early nights for a week.

TooTicky Sun 27-Jul-08 16:28:50

8 is a hard age. Keeping yourself calm, although damn hard, will help.
Breathe, think, reason.
I am the wrong person to advise you on this as my ds1 (now 9) has a very challenging temper.
I have heard rumours that 10 year olds are lovely.

FabioThatFirggingCat Sun 27-Jul-08 16:28:58

lol at your nekkid fling

DoubleBluff Sun 27-Jul-08 16:32:01

its certainly been worse since school finished, he is staying up later, which doesn't help.
He just seems to want to spoli everything and is upsetting DS2.
Roll on September!

Psychomum5 Sun 27-Jul-08 16:34:26

I have an 8yr old boy.

he is also challenging

and not nice!!!

and thinks most things are stupid (well, he would if I hadn;t banned the wordwink)

he has resorted to muttering.....

he is also making good use of his bedroom or the stairs....

stay consistant, they do improve, I promise.

((well, the girls did....they were horrid from 9 (DD1 and DD2 at least....DD3 is 9 right nowhmm), and improved once puberty hit. tis the pre-puberty bit you have right now, and it is awful<sigh>))

MatNanPlus Sun 27-Jul-08 16:35:56

Early bedtimes then reading in his room.

Set aside blocks of time each day for you to do individual things with them like a story, drawing, activities.

Will he help prepare lunch for the 3 of you?

DoubleBluff Sun 27-Jul-08 17:07:54

we just had a pretend wrestle and both ' fell' in the pool.
Feeling better.
But are setting down some ground rules agreed with DH, and we are sticking to them.
Thanks everyone.

Electricgooberella Sun 27-Jul-08 17:13:32

If you hit him he will become more angry and then you would have lost control, right now you are still in control.

If he doesn't want to go in the paddling pool he can find something else to do. You have done your bit. I bet he'll go in there and have a hoot, but if he doesn't ignore his strops. It's pandering to kids demands that makes them think they will get what they want.

Ignore.

Jump in yourself.

Get wine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now