Talk

Advanced search

Is my 3 year old extraordinarily tall?

(11 Posts)
forevermore Fri 25-Jul-08 18:42:47

My dd is 3 next week and she is 115 com tall (just measured her) and wears aged 6 clothesshock. Is this amazingly tall or just to be expected with a mother who is 6 feet tall and a father who is 6'4". I stopped growing at 12 years of age so I presume I grew fast too in the early years.

BTW she is size 11.5 feet ( i wear size 11 and DH wears size 13...so no suprises there)

Littlefish Fri 25-Jul-08 18:47:42

Not wishing to be nosy forevermore, but you sound like a friend of mine. You may be someone completely different however! Are you American?

isaidno Fri 25-Jul-08 18:55:15

My DS is 3 and a half. He is 96 cm and size 6 and a half feet.
So your DD sounds enormous!! grin

belgo Fri 25-Jul-08 18:56:51

Yes she does sound tall, but with parents as tall as you, then that's to be expected.

itati Fri 25-Jul-08 18:57:00

My DS2 is 3.1 and 99.5cm. Everyone comments on how tall he is for his age (wears clothes 4-6) but you win!!

Littlefish Fri 25-Jul-08 18:57:43

Oh yes, your original question. My dd is 3 and a half, is about 102cm tall and has size 9 feet. I think my dd seems big for her age, so yes, your dd sounds very tall.

When was she last measured by the Health Visitor?

I am 5ft 9 and her father is 6ft. I come from a very tall family.

theauthor Fri 25-Jul-08 18:58:30

Blimey that's tall. She is over 20 cm taller than ds who is a similar age!

Check your red book as you should be able to see where she is on the centiles but I suspect she's off the scale.

forevermore Fri 25-Jul-08 19:08:22

no not american, and she went off the scale ages ago so stopped looking. the thing is she looks proportional and very 'normal' to us and we only notice when at playgroups etc. and more recently we went to see her new preschool and she really stood out. I am a bit worried about how she will cope when she starts schoolsad. I remember starting preschool and sitting on the slide and my feet already reached the bottom when i hadn't even started to slide yetblush. also i was the tallest in my secondary school on my first dayshock.

I was quite thick skinned so got through it all relatively unscathed. however my daughter already shows signs of wanting to fit in and clearly won'tsad.

itati Fri 25-Jul-08 19:09:26

Just give her the confidence and the answers to any questions she may get and she will be fine.

There is a child in year one who is way above everyone else in height but she does fine.

LIZS Fri 25-Jul-08 19:14:19

my almost 7 yr old isn't that tall !!

Littlefish Fri 25-Jul-08 19:20:45

My sister was over 6ft at 12 yrs old. Luckily, because we're all tall, she's always had the confidence to carry it off, and always had good posture.

She went on to become a model for Vogue smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now