Talk

Advanced search

How much 'bottom' talk is normal?

(23 Posts)
BananaSkin Thu 24-Jul-08 21:01:01

DS2, nearly 5, is obsessed with bottoms, willies, poo etc talk. It's beginning to worry me, largely I guess because our DS1 wasn't like this to the same extent.

Is this normal? I mean he offered to show DS1's friend (here for supper) his bottom, if he showed his back shock.

Deep down, I think a lot of it is probably normal, but I'm just worried by the sheer quantity of it. DH recently took him to a party and another dad said that his son had announced prior to the party that everyone there would have to show their bottoms! It could just be a nursery thing, I guess.

AbbeyA Thu 24-Jul-08 22:31:24

Unfortunately normal -with boys anyway!
The good side is that it doesn't last too long-it seems at it's height when they start school.

cornsilk Thu 24-Jul-08 22:33:30

Normal - they never really grow out of it though do they!

onepieceoflollipop Thu 24-Jul-08 22:33:36

Normal with girls as well I think - 4.6 year old is obsessed with saying "poo" and "wee" almost constantly. She thinks they are very naughty words and tends to only use them at home (mostly); she knows how to use them appropriately when she needs the loo.

wrinklytum Thu 24-Jul-08 22:36:38

DS (4.5) was hysterical with laughter when I said "bumholes" (better than arseholes which I wanted to say) when I dropped dinner on the floor the other day.He carried on about it all day.He is also obsessed with his penis.....tis a 4/5 year old thing,I reckon....

myermay Thu 24-Jul-08 22:38:38

normal my 5 year old talks about poo, wee, trumps, willies all the time. Unfortuantely his 3 year old brother now does too! Everything is poo talk, i've given up telling them off, hopefully they'll grow out of it

tb73 Thu 24-Jul-08 22:39:32

Oh I remember the days when DS and his friends used to call each other poo head ALL the time. It doesn't last long - and it doesn't get any tamer when they progress through the years!

LongLiveGreenElizabeth Thu 24-Jul-08 22:39:47

Oh my dc1 finds nothing more interesting that bottoms, poo, farts, lula (front bottom). I am beginning to wonder if she'll ever grow out of it.

madamez Thu 24-Jul-08 22:39:53

Oh mine does it too (he's 3.10). Mind you I am 43 and still think fart jokes are funny so there's not that much hope of mine outgrowing it in a hurry...

LongLiveGreenElizabeth Thu 24-Jul-08 22:42:34

MadameZ, my friend who lives in America likes a good poo joke too, so every year I have to find a card where the joke revolves around doing a poo. The things I do for her. Last years was a woman in the changing room trying on clothes and the caption "I need more toilet roll in here". Well, it just killed her. Maybe I have the children I deserve.

Niecie Thu 24-Jul-08 22:45:07

My DS2 does it as well which is a shock as DS1 hardly bothered. Everything is poo. What do you want for tea? Poo
What do you want for a bedtime story? Poo

You know when you have upset him as you get called a Poo Punk.hmm

No idea where he got the 'punk' bit from but it makes a change from poohead I suppose.

He is 4.10yrs - am hoping he will grow out of it soon as it does seem to have been going on for quite some time.

Snippety Thu 24-Jul-08 23:00:46

Poo Punk is awesome.

I've never grown out of this stage. Still laugh at (and used to light) my own farts, sing pop songs changing the words to poo & wee (or worse), show my arse at every available opportunity and I'm 40 grinSometimes when I'm asked by Mr Snippety "what's for tea ?" I answer "shit with sugar on!" as did my own mother. I'm expecting my son to grow up very conservative and most likely ashamed of me !

MirandaG Thu 24-Jul-08 23:04:41

DD2 (4 3/4) just the same. We went to a children's farm the other day and there was a donkey with an enormous todger having a wee. Imagine the delight! 'Look that donkey is having a wee. I know he's a boy donkey cos he's got a WILLEEE' grin

Pinkchampagne Thu 24-Jul-08 23:10:06

Both of my boys are obsessed with talk of poo, wee, buts, willies etc. My eldest is nearly 9 & showing no signs of moving away from the toilet humour, especially now he has discovered Captain Underpants books!hmm

BananaSkin Thu 24-Jul-08 23:11:17

Thanks all. Not sure whether to be happy he is normal in this respect, or concerned that we have years of this ahead!

madamez Fri 25-Jul-08 00:26:41

Poo! POOO! BUMMM! WILLLEEEEES <snurk>

bearmama Fri 25-Jul-08 00:31:25

My friends two DD's (7 and 3) are in hysterics over the word "poo" and substitute it in just about song they can think of
"If you go down to the poo today" etc.

citronella Fri 25-Jul-08 11:27:03

Oh yes perfectly normal. And you can add "boobies" to the list of mirth inducing obsessions!

<waves to pinkchampagne>

seeker Fri 25-Jul-08 11:29:57

Wait til they start playing on friend's Wiis."What colour is your Wii? Whare do you keep your Wii? Can I play with your Wii?...." and so on. And not forgetting my ds's favourite football team....Arsenal!

He's 7 - it hasn't stopped yet!

MsDemeanor Fri 25-Jul-08 11:31:17

Normal but utterly infuriating. I have had a total crackdown on it, with special crossness at poo talk during meals. Bleugh.

seeker Fri 25-Jul-08 11:32:28

Oh, and accprding to my ds's teacher, armpit farts are a developmental stage - she says she's glad she's a year 2 teacher becasue it starts at the end of year 2 and is at it's height in the first term of year 3 - whe she has handed them on!

Pinkchampagne Sat 26-Jul-08 10:20:04

Oh the armpit farts! DS1 does these all the time (just finished yr 3) & tries to do them with his legs too. Ds2 (5) is trying to copy, but can't quite get the hang of them!
heres hoping they stop in year 4!

<waves back to citronella>

CEDP Thu 07-Aug-08 13:37:06

How do you deal with the "you show me yours, I'll show you mine" games when they start touching rather than just looking? My son has started being really quite agressive when his friends won't let him touch, kiss (really), tickle their bits. I'm afraid other parents might not take it quite so lightly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now