Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend good hyperactivity thread/websites?

(6 Posts)
scampadoodle Tue 08-Feb-05 10:23:27

have long suspected that ds (3.5) is hyperactive & would like more info...

nnosam Tue 08-Feb-05 10:39:15

if you go to www.google.co.uk
and type in hyperactive advice it comes up with loads of website that have advice on.
good luck

MrsBigD Tue 08-Feb-05 10:45:01

scampadoodle
just a quick question. Has your ds actually been diagnosed with hyperactivity? Or has the nursery/school is might be attending pointed something out? I know the nursery my dd goes to does point suspected hyperactivity out to the parents which I think is quite good, so the kid does not automatically get labled as a trouble maker.

I always thought dd was hyperactiv as she was driving me nuts and never sitting still etc. but actually she's just 'very lively' with major tendency to mischief

Hope you find the answers you need

scampadoodle Tue 08-Feb-05 11:05:00

The nursery suggested it to me, but it's been at the back of my mind for ages. He, too, drives me nuts: wakes up early, is constantly on the go, pushes himself to the point of exhaustion, doesn't listen, does naughty, sometimes aggressive, things. However, he is also very sociable, intelligent & affectionate & when you take him out ie on the bus or to the shops, can be very well behaved. So maybe he's okay & just "gits the divil in him" sometimes! Er, make that most of the time...

MrsBigD Tue 08-Feb-05 11:56:26

SC you are actually describing my dd!!!

I think the main tell tale for ha, according to a friend's mother who's an occupational therapist for kids, is if a child is absolutely unable to concentrate on anything for more than a couple of minutes. That's why I reckon dd is just very lively as she definitely gets stuck into stuff SHE enjoys ;) like messing about with playdo, drawing, watching cbeebies, reading books etc. another story when I want her to do somethin I think she should be doing...

MrsBigD Tue 08-Feb-05 11:59:01

also... many kids are being labelled 'hyper active' simply because some people can't deal with them, but actually all the kid needs is some direction (again according to my friend's mum ) I'm no expert on that! Would recommend for you to see her as she's really good but unfortunately she's in Germany

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now