Talk

Advanced search

Do babies sometimes sleep MORE during a growth spurt?

(6 Posts)
peggotty Thu 24-Jul-08 10:56:13

Ds is 6months,and has been sleeping during the day for up to 2 hours! shock He's also been sleeping better at night, only waking once but taking a really good feed, as opposed to multiple times and piddly feeds. This is the baby who at one point would not sleep for longer than 20-30 mins (during the day). I would love to think that this is the way it will be from now on, but don't want to count my chickens in case it all goes wrong again! I know there is a growth spurt at around 6 months, I wouldn't say he is necessarily feeding more, but maybe more effectively. He's really taken to solids in last week or so as well. (Although I'm not suggesting that solids are making him sleep better!) TIA

anotherdayyetanothernickame Thu 24-Jul-08 12:31:04

Absolutely imho.

MrsBadger Thu 24-Jul-08 12:37:44

It's all phases - sometimes if they have a new physical skill (sitting alone, crawling etc) they are knackered from the unaccustomed exercise, but sometimes they'll sleep worse as they practising cruising round the cot all night (dd!) hmm

peggotty Thu 24-Jul-08 14:22:47

Thanks. He's nearly sitting alone, occasionally toppling over like felled tree, so that might be it. Will enjoy extra sleeping while it lsats then! smile

bossybritches Thu 24-Jul-08 14:25:00

Put the kettle on & put your feet up with Mumsnet a cuppa & enjoy!! grin

Superchilled Thu 24-Jul-08 17:49:42

Mine definitely sleeps more - and has no noticeable change in feeding patterns/volumes. I figure she gets the extra calories needed to grow via conserving energy through sleep rather than guzzling more milk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now