Talk

Advanced search

At what age do babies 'get' kisses and hugs from their parents?

(14 Posts)
BellaBear Mon 21-Jul-08 07:36:18

I hug and kiss my son loads, when will he 'get' what I'm doing? Such as responding, wanting a hug or kiss, hugging or kissing back? He sometimes responds now my screwing up his face and laughing but I think that's because it tickles and I'm making silly noises at the same time!

suzywong Mon 21-Jul-08 07:47:52

how old is he?
does he respond to other kinds of touch or make much eye contact with you?

BellaBear Mon 21-Jul-08 07:52:52

he's six months - but i'm not worried about his development! just curious about when it happens

kid Mon 21-Jul-08 07:56:21

I remember DD being around a year old and asking her for a kiss. She would stick her tongue out for that to be kissed. She soon got the idea to just stick her lips out a bit!
Once she was mobile, she used to go around cuddling people, that was around 18 months. I am sure once babies are mobile they are more able to control what they want including kisses and cuddles. DD was a late walker and never crawled so perhaps it would have happened sooner had she been able to move around freely.

BellaBear Mon 21-Jul-08 08:20:33

thanks!

suzywong Mon 21-Jul-08 08:22:37

oh well at sixmonths there's nothing to worry about

Probably about 8 or 9 months

BellaBear Mon 21-Jul-08 08:28:39

cheers!

PatienceRequired Mon 21-Jul-08 13:47:33

My 6 month old girl has started to do what i believe is giving a kiss, grin

If i hold her standing on my knees facing me and give her a few kisses on her mouth, she will put her hands on my cheeks and move her head forward, with her mouth wide open and toungue out, and keeps leaning forward until she makes contact!!

Tis magic!! grin
She does get a lot of kisses from us though.

youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:58:33

My 2YO son hates hugs and kisses so on the rare occassion u get one is fab LOL

Mamatastic Mon 21-Jul-08 20:50:57

My DS started trying to kiss me (I think) around 6 months- he would lunge towards me with his mouth open and suck my mouth! It ends up being a full on slobbery snog which is so cute! He also sometimes likes to suck on my bottom lip or my chin

He also seems to love being kissed now (almost 9 months) as he giggles and smiles when I kiss him. Ultra cute.

kim88 Mon 21-Jul-08 21:03:22

my lil one has just started to inteact with me such as lots of touch hugs kisses and she is 7 month so i wouldn't worry or rush it because she will do it in her own good time and when you do experience it you will appreciate it all the more when you been waiting this long

BellaBear Tue 22-Jul-08 07:38:04

honestly, I am not worried! smile Just interested in when this happens.

Thanks for replies

moocowme Tue 22-Jul-08 19:43:59

does a rasberry count as a kiss? my DS likes to do loads of these on my arms when he has one of his 500 daily cuddles.

princessofpower Tue 22-Jul-08 20:01:15

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now