Talk

Advanced search

strange sleeping positions?

(7 Posts)
coolbeans Sun 20-Jul-08 22:18:05

I find my LO (2.6) ends up in bizarre sleeping positions. For example, at the moment he's got his bum in the air, face in the pillow and arm hanging over the edge.

I recall reading somewhere that this can be an indication of breathing problems or colic or something, (but I think it was to do with older babies, rather than toddlers). Plus I probaby misunderstood - has anyone else heard of this?

And, anyone else got a sleeping position challenged type?

juuule Sun 20-Jul-08 22:25:39

You've just described a favourite sleeping position for some of my dc. Perfectly normal.

RhinestoneCowgirl Sun 20-Jul-08 22:29:07

I LOVE the bum up in the air face plant position (watching DS I mean, I don't sleep like that). In yoga think it is called the 'pose of the child'...

He looks so sweet like that, and must be comfy I spose

chuckeyegg Mon 21-Jul-08 09:02:45

Yes this how my DS sleeps.

Shoegazer Thu 24-Jul-08 15:41:45

My DD sometimes sleeps with her head hanging off the edge of the bed, if I move her because it looks so uncomfy she just gets back into the same position!

giddykipper Thu 24-Jul-08 15:43:03

That's how DS sleeps - knees tucked underneath him, arse in the air.

marymungoandmidge Thu 24-Jul-08 15:53:53

Both my children (DS 2 and DD 11 months)sleep like this and have done since they were both 6 months ish....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now