Talk

Advanced search

Copycat cousins

(2 Posts)
flowerfairy Sat 19-Jul-08 20:27:11

Have just returned from tea out at a local pub with sister and her dd and me and ds. My ds is 6 months older and usually behaves well when we go out for meals. Today he and his cousin were jsut copying each other's behaviour. If one stood on the seat the other did, crawled under the table, so did the other, get the picture? Also took niece to my school's leaver service with ds, same behaviours again. Thye both can instigate the behaviour, it isn't just one of them. Is this normal? Both are only chidlren atm, though sister is about to have dc#2 anyday. Ds is 4yo and niece is 3yo. Am i being to uptight?
Usually we can praise the one who is behaving nicely before they join in, but must have been too tired to put that into action tonight.

FattipuffsandThinnifers Sat 19-Jul-08 21:08:13

My DS (14 months) and I see my sister and her DD (19 months) a lot, and the dreadful duo copy each other and encourage each other in mischief play all the time. Sweet, and lovely they have each other to play with, but can get too much at times (eg emptying the bloody cat food cupboard all the time, moving chairs around, jumping up and down on sofa etc). Dread to think what it'll be like in a year or two - your post gives me a glimpse I think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now