loader

Talk

Advanced search

Writing in mirror image??

(11 Posts)
Aimsmum Sun 06-Feb-05 19:32:24

Message withdrawn

Lorax Sun 06-Feb-05 19:39:45

Hi Aimsmum - don't have any answers I'm afraid but DS, who has been happily writing his name for 5-6 months has also just started doing that - not like it's a funny game we've ever played either.... haven't consulted any books yet - any ideas?

roisin Sun 06-Feb-05 19:51:21

Aimsmum - mirror writing and backwards writing is very common. At this stage the most important thing is that she enjoys holding a pencil and writing, not the 'results'.

It's great that she can write her name at this age, and wants to write more.

Fran1 Sun 06-Feb-05 19:52:20

Yes this is very common - i have no idea why though!!

But many children do this, it is not a problem, and they do start writing the right way again at some point.

Aimsmum Sun 06-Feb-05 19:57:14

Message withdrawn

Lorax Sun 06-Feb-05 19:59:47

DS certainly get v het up if I raise it, and says that's how he wants to do it - figured best to let him get on with it and not push to do it the 'right' way

Lowryn Sun 06-Feb-05 20:06:33

DD has been learning to write her name and as she hasn't decided which hand she likes best seems to write forwards with her right hand and mirror with her left hand!
She is only three, so it is so messy anyway only I could decipher it all anyway LOL

Angeliz Sun 06-Feb-05 20:08:08

Wow this is interesting. DD is 3.11 and just started writing her name properly and suddenly has started to write it backwards!

Angeliz Sun 06-Feb-05 20:09:06

I mentioned it to dd the other day and she got all upset, lip out and everything so i'm leaving it to her teachers!!
Bless her!

Aimsmum Sun 06-Feb-05 20:10:11

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Sun 06-Feb-05 20:11:57

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now